Newbie here

Reaction score
Hey all! My name is Jamie Rose. As you can tell I am new around here.

I've been serious about baking for about a year. I make a lot of my family everyday breads from scratch. It started out pretty harmlessly. On a path of real food and giving my kids the best possible foods they could eat on a limited budget. Cooking has always been a passion of mine and a few years ago I was given a hand me down bread machine that peaked my interest. After many fails I gave up, but came back to bread making. This time by hand. In the year I've been doing it I haven't had many fails. *knocks on wood* One time I forgot the salt in the French loaf I was making tasted very flat.

Anyway I'm an open book. Ask me anything. I can't wait to jump into the forum. :)

Reaction score
Welcome! Thank you for the wonderful introduction. Loved what you said about giving your kids the best possible foods on a limited budget - you sound like a great mother! Baking is a lot of fun and I only have a 6 month old but I can't wait to get her involved in the kitchen when she's old enough!

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums!

Reaction score
Hi Jamie! Welcome to the forum! I can see you are doing your best to offer whole foods for your kids and family, that is great! I can't wait to check your threads. I'm sure you have gained a lot experience and wisdom :) I haven't made bread yet, but I have actually felt tempted to make my own bread. Mostly because of the budget and also because I don't trust companies who add all sorts of things to what we eat...

Reaction score
Hi Jamie, welcome! I think you'll have fun here; I've learned a lot of different recipes and names of food that I didn't even know before, so I'm sure you'll learn something new here! Or at least make new friends :)

Reaction score
Hello Jamie welcome to the forum! You had chosen the right forum just right for your passion in cooking and baking. You can learn many things here from other members experiences in their cooking and baking endeavors. Hoping you will enjoy sharing and posting your ideas too in this forum.

Ask a Question