Newbie here

Reaction score
Hello, all. My name is Claire. I'm a mum of five, previously owned a small cake shop (we had to relocate and closed) and currently am a stay at home mum to my brood. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Reaction score
Hi All, new to this forum m'larky but wanted to say hello!
I run my own cake business in Orrell, Wigan & always seem to be wanting ro know more and have lots of questions! :)

Hoping to meet a few new people on here so fingers crossed!

Reaction score
Thanks @ninamari appreciate the mention & hello! This site seens quite complicated to get your head around! Maybe its because I'm new!!
Does anyone on here do Cake Jars? Xx

Reaction score
Hi to you both! Welcome! I think I missed your post as sometimes I tend to see only the most recent one in each category on the main page, until I go back and go into each section list. If that makes sense.

I think you're both in the UK, and it seems we've added at least a few new members lately from your side of the Atlantic. I'm in the USA, and I'm semi-obsessed with watching baking videos from all over. We got Bakeoff (called the Great British Baking Show here, on public broadcasting) a few summers ago and I watched all the series of it that they aired here. Not sure but I hope the recent season (with Pru, and Sandi Toksvig whom I still miss on the News Quiz) will be shown here next summer?

It's interesting to see what's the same and what's different (in actual baking trends and in the names of things) between countries. I watch Cupcake Jemma's YouTube videos from London, and the MyCupcakeAddiction channel from Australia, and some American ones. Watching the British shows has got me really comfortable measuring by weight, but you'll find a lot of US recipes are in dry or liquid cups. Thankfully, some sites and channels give both measurements!

Please jump into the thread on upcoming holiday bakes if you're planning any. Tomorrow's the US Thanksgiving, so we've been talking about that too.

Ask a Question