No Bake Dish Mistaken for Baked

Reaction score
I made a no-bake banana pudding dish for a friend's birthday party. Everyone assumed it was the traditional baked version. They complimented me on the dish. They also told me how much it reminded them of their grandmother's banana pudding.

I felt a little embarrassed because I took the easy route with the no-bake version. I didn't correct anyone though.

Would you have told your friends the truth? Does it really matter?

Reaction score
Nah, as long as they liked it all is good. Let them believe whatever they want to believe, no harm is done ;) I believe isn't such a big deal, unless someone asks you for the recipe.

Reaction score
I don't think there's anything wrong with that, it's not like you just store bought ;). Haha, sometimes a little easier or quicker is the way to go, and you still did put the time into making it, so I don't see any reason to give away that particular secret ;). Though I agree that if someone asks for the recipe specifically, I'd probably tell them the full details.

Reaction score
I don't think it matters. It's still homemade. Icebox pies and desserts are still made by hand even if they never see the inside of an oven.

Reaction score
Nah, leave it be. If someone comes up to you and asks, I would be up front and honest but otherwise, nope. It's ok to not spend a lot of time baking and just do the no bake. I personally take the no bake route any and all times possible!

Ask a Question