No Bake Korean Cookie Made From Chestnut

Reaction score
Yul-lan - is the name of the no bake Korean cookie that is made from chestnut.

They are smooth and soft and have a very subtle, lightly sweet taste. They go great with tea. They are simple to make, but as you see in the video, it can take some time to boil, pound, and shape the chestnuts.

I love chestnut and this is one of the cookies that I had liked since I migrated here

I am sharing to you the recipe coming from Maangchi one of the famous culinary expert in South Korea.

Here is the recipe on how to make chestnut cookies

Last edited:
Reaction score
I drink a LOT of tea - so anything that pairs well with it sounds great to me!

I also love that you mentioned these are no bake cookies - right now it is SO hot here that a sweet treat that doesn't involve me turning on my oven sounds amazing.

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing about this no-bake cookie @ReadmeByAmy. :) Just like what @cupcakechef said, the fact that it's a no-bake way of cooking cookies immediately caught my attention. I'm always into the no-bake options of creating things if I have to choose because they're easier and more economical for me.

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing about this no-bake cookie @ReadmeByAmy. :) Just like what @cupcakechef said, the fact that it's a no-bake way of cooking cookies immediately caught my attention. I'm always into the no-bake options of creating things if I have to choose because they're easier and more economical for me.

You are welcome and I do hope that the recipes I am sharing in this forum coming from our culture that is new is something that all of you can try and to learn too :)

Reaction score
@cupcakechef This No Bake Korean Cookie made from chestnut are really amazing and if you drink a lot of tea this of kind of cookie will best compliment any kind of tea. Thank you for sharing your thoughts in this thread ;)

Reaction score
My husband loves chestnuts. In fact, we buy the shelled chestnuts in packets (right now there is one here) because it is a snack good for his tummy that pacifies the acid reflux. He also loves walnuts that are toppings of some cakes but I'm sure he would love to taste this chestnut cookies. No, I don't intend to bake it. There is a nearby Korean store here that sells a variety of Korean products. I will check it out later. Who knows if they have those cookies.

Reaction score
My husband loves chestnuts. In fact, we buy the shelled chestnuts in packets (right now there is one here) because it is a snack good for his tummy that pacifies the acid reflux. He also loves walnuts that are toppings of some cakes but I'm sure he would love to taste this chestnut cookies. No, I don't intend to bake it. There is a nearby Korean store here that sells a variety of Korean products. I will check it out later. Who knows if they have those cookies.

If your husband like chestnut I am sure he will like this and the fact that this is a no bake cookie and is just easy to make. :)

Ask a Question