No-Bake Muffins?

Reaction score
I was rummaging through my shelves and discovered some instant muffin mix. I really wanted to cook them but didn't want to turn the oven on because the AC is broken and would make the house into a sauna! I was wondering if there was a way to fix muffins on the stove and have it actually come out right?

Reaction score
It might be possible, but not I'm not sure. I've seen different recipes where people cook cakes in the microwave, or use a slowcooker. You could always experiment, but just know that it may not come out right, so have a desert back up plan.

Reaction score
I make pan fried cornbread in my cast iron skillet, but I have never tried muffins before. I bet there is a way though, because if you can do it with cornbread, why not muffins? I just think it would have to be more like like the cornbread, and not in the muffin shape. I will look for some recipes and see if I can find anything.

I'm intrigued to try this out myself.

Reaction score
I have never tried this myself, but I have read about using cake mixes and cooking them in the waffle maker. Then you have kind of a waffle cake, which would maybe be not a lot unlike a cupcake to eat, although looking a lot different.
Probably if you look it up on the Internet, there will be some good instructions on making waffle cakes.
It would certainly be cheaper and cooler than using the oven, for sure !

Reaction score
I have never tried this myself, but I have read about using cake mixes and cooking them in the waffle maker. Then you have kind of a waffle cake, which would maybe be not a lot unlike a cupcake to eat, although looking a lot different.
Probably if you look it up on the Internet, there will be some good instructions on making waffle cakes.
It would certainly be cheaper and cooler than using the oven, for sure !

Wow I've never heard of using cake mix in the waffle maker! The shape will be kinda funky o_O but still a unique idea. I might try this out sometime, but then my little one will think we are having cake for breakfast.

Reaction score
I make pan fried cornbread in my cast iron skillet, but I have never tried muffins before. I bet there is a way though, because if you can do it with cornbread, why not muffins? I just think it would have to be more like like the cornbread, and not in the muffin shape. I will look for some recipes and see if I can find anything.

I'm intrigued to try this out myself.

That's an idea I was thinking of myself just putting it into a cast iron skillet and cooking it that way on the stove on low. So maybe I will try that.

Reaction score
Wow I've never heard of using cake mix in the waffle maker! The shape will be kinda funky o_O but still a unique idea. I might try this out sometime, but then my little one will think we are having cake for breakfast.

I've heard of putting everything from brownie batter to cake mix in a waffle iron. You end up with dessert waffles. On Pinterest someone served the brownie waffles with ice cream and caramel sauce.

Reaction score
When I was younger and I would want to make brownies or muffins for my friends but my mom thought I was too young to use the oven I would get jars or heavy duty juice glasses and put the batter in them then cook them in some water on top of the stove with a lid on it. I guess my mom thought this was safer because I put the jars in the pot before the water was boiling and put the lid on then when it was done my mom would turn I off and allow me to take them out when they cooled off some. I was young so it is hard for me to say how good they tasted but I know I loved them when I was little. It was almost a once a week thing for me and my friends. Hope this helped and good luck!

Reaction score
I've heard of putting everything from brownie batter to cake mix in a waffle iron. You end up with dessert waffles. On Pinterest someone served the brownie waffles with ice cream and caramel sauce.
Now that sounds yummy! I have to try it. We have a great waffle maker. Thank you!

Ask a Question