No Food Waste Here!

Reaction score
I have 5 bananas that on the verge of spoiling, but that will not happen because tonight they will turn into banana chocolate nut bread! I add chocolate chips to make the bread even more tasty...and for the fact that I bought a bag of chips that is about halfgone. The chocolate monsters in my house got to them.

Reaction score
I love any form of banana bread. Usually, my grandson eats all of the bananas in the house before any have a chance to get dark for use in bread. However, last week I was able to make a loaf of banana bread with cranberries and sunflower seeds in it. It went over big and not a crumb was left.

Reaction score
I have 5 bananas that on the verge of spoiling, but that will not happen because tonight they will turn into banana chocolate nut bread! I add chocolate chips to make the bread even more tasty...and for the fact that I bought a bag of chips that is about halfgone. The chocolate monsters in my house got to them.
Is the bread part chocolate too, Tina?

Reaction score
I love any form of banana bread. Usually, my grandson eats all of the bananas in the house before any have a chance to get dark for use in bread. However, last week I was able to make a loaf of banana bread with cranberries and sunflower seeds in it. It went over big and not a crumb was left.
That sounds so good!

Reaction score
Sounds awesome! I love when people utilize as much as they can..I hate food waste and just cannot justify it, so I'll try to find a use for nearly everything.

Reaction score
Sounds wonderful. Care to share your recipe?

Reaction score
I can't keep bananas in this house long enough to turn brown for bread. I am so jealous as I would love to make a loaf tonight. Ah well. Glad you can utilize foods and not let them go to waste.

Reaction score
My recomendation is to eat this bread fresh out of the oven, it is so ooohy goey good!

Reaction score

This might sound crazy, but so far I haven't baked banana bread! It sounds like a great way not to waste some brown bananas, but so far I have only focused on pies, cookies and cakes. Banana bread sounds more healthy tho!

Reaction score
I can't keep bananas in this house long enough to turn brown for bread. I am so jealous as I would love to make a loaf tonight. Ah well. Glad you can utilize foods and not let them go to waste.

Same here, lol. Over here you can find brown bananas in the market if you go to the right market, but at home bananas never last enough to turn brown. We eat them all before they even stat to show a hint of getting spoiled.

Reaction score

I need to adopt the "no wastage" approach in my kitchen. When I think of all the hunger in the world it forces me to be less wasteful. It is something I am always trying to remind myself of. I looked but never saw the recipe. It did sound yummy.

Ask a Question