Not your average cup cake

Reaction score
Does anyone add anything special to their cupcakes that make them far superior to you average cupcake? Do you add a filling or make a creative topping , that makes your cupcakes like no other . Is there a rare combination of flavors you put together that sets your cupcakes apart from the all the rest?

Reaction score
I don't think it put it in a category of outstanding but I have done those giant cupcakes. I did it with orange cake, and nutella/chocolate frosting for the "base" and then whipped vanilla for the top. Then added cinnamon chips to make it look like sprinkles. It was so much fun to do that one.

Reaction score
I took some of the "molten" cake mix and made cupcakes with it. Very moist and wonderful for chocolate lovers. I am not even sure of the recipe, I just got it from someone and thought I would try it.

Reaction score
My cup cakes are mostly varied when it comes to creative topping, but last weekend I added 2 tablespoon espresso powder to the dough, and everybody liked the fine coffee taste they got.

Reaction score
I have to say my hubby's homemade kiwi frosting and/or filling is the best yet. I've added it to many recipes and have had nothing but compliments.

Reaction score
I am going to follow this thread. I have been really interested in making cakes and cupcakes lately and I am very interested in everybody's unique ideas.

Ask a Question