Now that Thanksgiving is over...

Reaction score
Now that Thanksgiving is over and the last remnants of the pecan and pumpkin pies have been put to rest, it is time to start formulating a plan for the Christmas baking season. I would like to keep it simple this year. Between my aunt, my cousins, and myself, we end up with more food and bakery than is needed, or humanly possible to consume.

This year, so far, I have decided to make one kind of candy, two kinds of cookies, and either a nut or fruit cake. That's it. Of course, that's what I say now. Once I get started it is possible it will be expanded upon and all my good intentions of NOT gaining ten pounds before January 1st will be in vain. :D

Reaction score
Doesn't hurt to get right on that planning, huh? ;) We fall into that trap, too- so many different options sound great and tempting, and we end up with sooo much more than we really need to begin with! I'm thinking we'll do a few candies, 3 types of cookies and something in the cheesecake family ;). Sounds like a good plan!

Reaction score
I'm keeping it simple this year desert wise also. Three varieties of cookies, two varieties of cake, one variety of pie, and maybe another desert type. The cookies are always a big hit and so the bulk of the money will go to it.

Reaction score
I'm still stuffed from Thanksgiving, and honestly at this point I am really sick of the smells of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice every where I go. The grocery stores have all sorts of decorative stuff drenched in cinnamon scents. All the department stores have all their "winter/autumn spice" candles out, people in my house are cooking with them left and right - it's too much, it's overkill. I'm more in the mood for some simple fruit salads or something tropical these days for a change of pace.

Reaction score
My menu for Christmas baking changes on a daily basis, for some reason I cannot lock in on a plan. I did some breads and brownies over the weekend, but still need to search for the right items.

I do for sure have to make the italian cookies for a company cookie exchange, but after that. Well? I will just keep gathering what I want and try to narrow it down. This is going to be so hard!

Reaction score
This year for Christmas it's going to be all about cinnammon... lots and lots of cinnammon!

Ask a Question