Nutella Chocolate Chip Brownies

Reaction score
You read it correctly. Chocolate spread in chocolate brownies. It works really well as well, at least my memories of it are that it worked really well :p

Ingredients
2 tbsp chocolate hazelnut spread
2 tbsp hot water
110g/4oz butter or marg
200g/7oz caster sugar (fine sugar)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
110g/4oz self-raising flour
110g/4oz chopped nuts of choice
140g/5oz plain chocolate chips/chunks

Method
  • Preheat oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3 and lightly grease a square or rectangular cake tin (medium sized)
  • In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and light and fluffy.
  • Dissolve the chocolate spread with the hot water forming a smooth paste.
  • Stir the chocolate spread mixture, the eggs and vanilla essence into the creamed sugar and mix until smooth.
  • Fold in the nuts, flour and chocolate chunks and stir until well combined.
  • Pour or spoon the mixture in to prepared tin and level off
  • Bake for roughly 40 minutes until cooked
  • Leave to cool completely before cutting into 12 squared and serve.

Reaction score
I had been baking brownies before using melted chocolate. And also I had read a recipe similar to this one using Nutella spread for making brownies. I will check on this also. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Can't wait to try this kind of brownies already. I'm sure my family will love this because they love Nutella!

Reaction score
This sounds amazing, we love Nutella at home! It might not be healthy at all, but isn't bad at all if we eat that kind of things once in a while. Might give this a try, I love both Nutella and brownies =D

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the recipe! I had to click on the topic given that it had Nutella in the title. I may or may not be a bit of a Nutella addict...and any way to sneak it into baked goods is a BIG winner in my book!!

Ask a Question