Oatmeal Squares or flapjacks

Reaction score
I am looking for recipes to replace expensive corazonas oatmeal squares and oatmeal flapjacks (another type of bar). I especially like them both but do not like the cost and especially that they are not GMO free.

If anyone has any recipes for these or similar food, I would greatly appreciate them!

Oatmeal cookies, while nice, contain too much sugar and fat and are too dry for what I need.

They don't say it, but the corozonas squares actually have the texture more of a raw food bar, though the oatmeal in it is soft.

Reaction score
They're pretty easy to make- don't worry! my parents used to make them all the time when I was a kid:

Ingredients:

125g/ 5 oz butter
125g 5 oz demerara sugar
5 tablespoons golden syrup
225g/ 9 oz oats

Instructions
    • Melt butter,sugar and syrup in a saucepan
    • Add oats and mix
    • Spoon into a tin (6-8 inch)
    • Bake in a medium oven for 15-20 minutes

Reaction score
Thank you I'll give them a try, sure sounds easy enough. But.. just what is demerara sugar? I never heard of it before.

Reaction score
Thank you I'll give them a try, sure sounds easy enough. But.. just what is demerara sugar? I never heard of it before.
It's brown sugar :)
Demerara and brown sugar are the same things, but with two different names, depending on which side of the pond you're at xD

Reaction score
Ahah! lol I've got some of that in my kitchen cupboard. Going to make some today they look like what I'm looking for and from there I can create all kinds of bars depending on what fruit/nuts/seeds I have on hand.

Thank you for the recipe :D

Ask a Question