Oh my god.. Baking cake without Top Element

Discussion in 'Cakes' started by Ronald Ho, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Ronald Ho

Ronald Ho New Member

Dear all,

I have bought all the necessary tools and ingredients required to bake a chocolate cake then realise my oven might not have the required top heating element..

Could you see the attached photo and advise if it is possible to bake a cake with the existing oven functions?

Thank you!

Warm Regards,
    Ron

Attached Files:

Ronald Ho, Jan 1, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. Ronald Ho

ChesterV Well-Known Member

I have no idea what those functions are. I could guess, but different manufacturers don't all use the same icons for the same functions.

If I were to guess at this, which I am, then I would say use the icon that has the top, the bottom, and the middle icons all together, I think this could be the convection mode, which is what you want for cakes.

And as far as I know, you don't need a top element for baking cakes, only broiling.

ChesterV, Jan 1, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. Ronald Ho

Elinor Kugler Member

Hi Ronald,
    I'm pretty sure it's the second one if counting clockwise. It looks like its got a turbo function, perfect for baking a chocolate cake. :)
    Good luck

Elinor Kugler, Jan 11, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question