Olive, Bacon & Cheese Bread

Reaction score
I saw this online and I think I'll make it this weekend! It sounds really yummy!

The original website source is here, for credit! http://www.eatwell101.com/bacon-and-cheese-bread-recipe

Ingredients list for the Olive, Bacon and Cheese Bread
  • 5 fl oz (15cl) of white wine
  • 3 1/3 fl oz (10cl) olive oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 cup (250g) all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder (about 5g)
  • 5 ounces (150g) grated swiss cheese or cheddar
  • 1 large onion
  • 3 1/2 ounces (100g) bacon
  • 7 ounces (200g) city ham, already cooked — sold as “ready to serve”. Still on the bone, it’s better! If you don’t want to bring back the whole ham at home, ask your butcher to slice it off for you.
  • 3 1/2 ounces (100g) black olives
  • 3 1/2 ounces (100g) green olives
  • 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Instructions
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the wine, oil, eggs and salt.
2. Separately, mix the flour and baking powder, sift and stir into the liquid preparation.
3. Chop the onion finely and melt in a skillet with a bit of olive oil (or butter).
4. Add the bacon to onions and cook for a few minutes then keep aside. Take care of draining the mixture to avoid a soggy dough.
5. Slice the olives and parsley and cut the ham.
6. Add all ingredients and grated cheese to the basic preparation and mix.
7. Pour into a buttered loaf pan, 9 by 5 inches
8. Bake in the oven for 1 hour at 360°F (180°C).

Olive-Bacon-and-Cheese-Bread-recipe-600x843.jpg

Reaction score
This looks seriously delicious. I often fall into a rut and bake the same things again and again. I have been wanting to make a more savory quick bread, and love the combination of ingredients in this recipe. I am going to add this into my recipe collection and want to try making it.

Reaction score
I've made cheese and onion bread, cheese and ham bread, and cheese and bacon bread, but I never thought of putting olives in there! YUMMIE!

Geez, I wonder if I have enough flour to make some today???

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever made this type of savory bread. I shared it on Facebook, and it was promptly Liked and Shared. I think it's going to be a hit. I just chopped up some red bell peppers yesterday for another dish I'll be making, and I was thinking how nice they'd be in this bread, so if I make it, I might add some of them in, too.

Ask a Question