Orange aroma

Reaction score
Dear forum,

can anyone explain me the difference between orange oil, orange aroma, ?

I am basically looking for an exrtact of orange flavour, highest quality the price does not matter can you advice me a company? A product or a way to generate my own highly concentrated orangeflavour extract?

My best,

Manuel

Reaction score
Dear forum,

can anyone explain me the difference between orange oil, orange aroma, ?

I am basically looking for an exrtact of orange flavour, highest quality the price does not matter can you advice me a company? A product or a way to generate my own highly concentrated orangeflavour extract?

My best,

Manuel

Extract: derived by steeping flavorings into a liquid base of 35% alcohol by volume (in the US). Studies have shown that after 15 minutes of baking, 40% of the alcohol will evaporate. After one hour only 25% of the original amount of alcohol will remain. Since the flavor is in the alcohol, very little of the flavoring remains in the baked goods. So use of extracts is not a good way to flavor baked goods.

Also since it contains alcohol it must be kept out of reach of children. I have also been asked by those recovering from substance abuse to not use extracts in their baked goods.

Bakery Emulsion: Emulsions are extracts but are suspended water instead of alcohol. Emulsions have a thicker texture and produce a stronger flavor because the water evaporates at a much higher temperature than alcohol.

Oil: expressed from the fruit, plant, nut, or seed. They are more concentrated than an extract or emulsion. Only a couple of drops are needed. They have a short shelf-life. Only purchase what you intend to use within a couple of months. They will go rancid very quickly after opening, refrigerate after opening.

Aroma oil: Diluted oil, maybe as low as 2% of an oil. Not suited to bake with as concentration is so low it may not impart any flavor.

Ask a Question