Orange Crush Cake

Reaction score
A lady from church gave me her recipe for Orange Crush cake after I begged and begged for it! I thought it would be fun to try to make it, but I wonder if it will work for other flavors, too. I thought about trying grape or maybe strawberry. It really depends on what type of soda I can get at the store. Does anybody have any suggestions about what other flavors to try?

Reaction score
Mountain Dew! Cream soda, maybe, or root beer (is there a difference?) Ginger ale... Dr. Pepper?

Reaction score
I have never heard of an orange Crush cake before, but I don't see why it wouldn't work with other flavors of soda as well. Would you mind sharing the recipe with us?

Reaction score
Sure! Maybe you could give me some pointers and ideas for tweaking it!

Cake:

1/4 c. butter, softened
1 c. vegetable shortening
2 3/4 c. sugar
5 eggs
3 c. sifted cake flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. Orange Crush
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Frosting:

1 tsp. orange extract

1 (3 oz.) package of cream cheese

Cream butter, shortening and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well and until light and fluffy. Sift flour and salt together; alternately add orange crush and flour to creamed mixture. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour into 10 inch tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Mrs. Dodgens at church gave me this recipe and while her cakes are perfect, I do like to try customize it and make it my own!

Ask a Question