Oreo Truffles

Reaction score
I found a simple recipe for Oreo Truffles and gave it a try recently. They are very good, but extremely rich! You grind up a package of Oreo cookies in a blender and then mix them up with a stick of melted butter to make a cake paste. Roll the paste into small 1 inch balls and dip them in melted chocolate. I used melted chocolate chips. Very good, but a little goes a long way!

Reaction score
Sounds delicious and easy -- I think it would be good for a situation where I need to bring some sort of finger food that is sweet. Perfect little bite size portions of deliciousness!

I'll just try not to remember the recipe is cookies, butter and melted chocolate for the sake of my hips ;)

Reaction score
Hi TIna,
I agree--yum, but rich!
I use reduced fat cream cheese instead of the butter. As a lazier solution to dipping the truffles in melted chocolate, I lightly glaze them in a simple powdered sugar,milk and vanilla glaze and top them with some Oreo crumbs for pizzazz.
Try these changes if you want to make a bit of a lighter (and easier) version.
They are also good made with Golden Oreos and topped with sprinkles.

Reaction score
Hi TIna,
I agree--yum, but rich!
I use reduced fat cream cheese instead of the butter. As a lazier solution to dipping the truffles in melted chocolate, I lightly glaze them in a simple powdered sugar,milk and vanilla glaze and top them with some Oreo crumbs for pizzazz.
Try these changes if you want to make a bit of a lighter (and easier) version.
They are also good made with Golden Oreos and topped with sprinkles.
That sound very good too, and agreed, a little less work than actually dipping all of the little balls. These treats are very good for kids parties, but beware of the hyper active little ones to follow! I can only usually eat one of these at a time because of the fact that they are so sweet.

Reaction score
Thanks Tina, sounds so tasty! But definitely not good for my thighs, ol. I might give it a try, specially for the visits, because there are times I have no idea what to offer them. Oreo truffles sound fancy ;)

Reaction score
These sound delicious, and very rich. I'm sure a little of them goes a long way, so I probably wouldn't double the recipe, as I usually do, unless I was attending a large gathering. They remind me of cookie fudge that I've made at Christmas. One good thing about Christmas is that I can bake to my heart's content, then give it all (minus a few favorites) away, and feel good about it!

Ask a Question