Other methods

Reaction score
Have you ever made waffle iron cookies? I live where it is very hot, so we try to avoid actual baking whenever we can. We use our slow cooker for cakes and love no-bake treats. Any other tricks to keep the heat down but still enjoy creating?

Reaction score
I have seen this method on the Pillsbury bake off competition. It looks very creative , people were using the tube dough and baking it on waffle irons. I have also seen different batters recipes online that can be baked using a waffles iron.

Reaction score
Well I don't have any suggestions but glad I read this post. I would live to try making cookies that way. Seems like fun and something the little helpers might like.

Reaction score
My sister has a pizzelle maker, makes those Italian flat waffle type cookies, very fast and so delicious....
-------------
Another method of baking without increasing the heat, is candy in the crockpot. This recipe has been around and is so delicious.

http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot-candy-18955

These make a lot of candy and I believe they can be frozen as well for later when you want to pull some out and munch

Reaction score
I have never heard of these!! That candy looks yummy! And cake in a crock pot?? I'll be looking these up. Thank you!!

Reaction score
I have never heard of these!! That candy looks yummy! And cake in a crock pot?? I'll be looking these up. Thank you!!

These candies will be devoured in no time if you make them. A group of us make them every year and we have even switched up the flavor of the chips and nuts to make different versions. You will absolutely fall in love with the candy

Reaction score
All I can think of is making no bake treats and candies, but what a good idea! I never thought of using the waffle iron for cookies :)

Ask a Question