Our native Bibingka

Reaction score
In our town of Cainta in the province of Rizal, this snack item is called Bibingka but in most parts of Metro Manila, it is called Kalamay. Whatever it is called, it is a native snack food that is still persisting in this modern times. Its primary ingredient is glutinous rice and the topping is made of sugar that is somewhat caramelized with coconut milk. It has simple ingredients but difficult to make especially when you use the olden oven using charcoal. The store that sells this Bibingka said that they can sell a hundred a day for ordinary times and more than double during occasions.
IMG_3506 kalabingka.jpg

Reaction score
That looks delicious. I am trying to think back and remember if I have had anything similar to it, but I cannot really come up with anything. I like the whole rice and something sweet too, and that is intriguing to me so I am going to have to keep my eyes open here.

Ask a Question