Oven

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am planning to open a small cake shop and I am on the lookout for an oven. Browsing the web I found a lot of styles, sizes, loads of extra functions. I will mention that at the shop I am planning to bake cakes. pastries, and occasionally some bread for sandwiches. Electricity consumption is something to consider, especially at first. It is best to go with a 3 phase or just a normal 240v which will be cheaper to run?. Also can somebody recommend a good oven brand or a particular model?. I am use to work with rational oven, but will be too much for what I will do. Amy answers will be appreciated. Thanks and happy baking.

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am planning to open a small cake shop and I am on the lookout for an oven. Browsing the web I found a lot of styles, sizes, loads of extra functions. I will mention that at the shop I am planning to bake cakes. pastries, and occasionally some bread for sandwiches. Electricity consumption is something to consider, especially at first. It is best to go with a 3 phase or just a normal 240v which will be cheaper to run?. Also can somebody recommend a good oven brand or a particular model?. I am use to work with rational oven, but will be too much for what I will do. Amy answers will be appreciated. Thanks and happy baking.

You can’t pick a oven based on someone’s recommendation. What you choose depends on the county you live in; the building you rent; the utilities in the building; the ventilation in the building. The county building code and fire code will dictate much of what you have to install.

Deck ovens are not used for the same baked goods as a rack oven. A convection oven bakes differently than a revolving oven and a deck oven.

Convection ovens blow heat. You cannot turn the fans off. You better understand how they work and the fact that you will have to reformulate to bake in convection. Just recently someone posted who opened a cupcake bakery and couldn’t bake any cupcakes because he brought a convection oven not realizing the fan would blow the batter right out of the tins. Guy swears he wants convection, all the while trying to figure out how to disable the convection function. It’s a case of buying without understanding the equipment and his product.

Before you buy, it would be wise to fully research the difference ovens. Understand exactly what they do—and don’t do. Then rent time in hourly kitchens with different ovens to test your formulas to see how they work in the different ovens.

Reaction score
This one works good! I have one already!!
Oster large Toaster Oven..jpg

Ask a Question