Pandan Cake

Reaction score
This is a cake that I tried at a cafe in Singapore - I haven't tried to make it myself, but it's a BRIGHT green cake!

http://www.bearnakedfood.com/2015/08/28/pandan-chiffon-cake/

This isn't my website but it's a recipe for it!

0001154_255.jpg

You can even buy boxed mix for it, too.

The cake is flavoured with pandanus amaryllifolius leaves, and the color of the cake is green as a result of the chlorophyll in the leaf juice.

What are your thoughts - would you try it?

It was actually pretty good!

Reaction score
I use pandan leaves in Thai / Indonesian cooking, and one of my friends made pandan ice-cream once. I love the flavour - it's a bit like vanilla! :)

Reaction score
I love Asian foods. I would love to try this! Sounds super yummie!!!

Of course, then again, it IS cake!!!!!!:D

Reaction score
I always love the aroma and smell of Pandan leaves whenever I am preparing a juice concoction and for making dessert but I have not yet try this in my baking. This seems interesting and a Pandan cake will surely give a different flavor as a cake. I just can't wait to check the website and see the recipe. Thanks for sharing! :)

Reaction score
I think I already have tasted that pandan cake but not in Singapore. It was during our trip to Vietnam last year. In a classy restaurant, there was this slice of cake colored green that caught my attention. And upon knowing that it is pandan cake so I ordered a slice to sample it. However, I was expecting that it would be so delicious. Well, it's quite fine for a snack but not really that good for a cake.

Reaction score
I think I already have tasted that pandan cake but not in Singapore. It was during our trip to Vietnam last year. In a classy restaurant, there was this slice of cake colored green that caught my attention. And upon knowing that it is pandan cake so I ordered a slice to sample it. However, I was expecting that it would be so delicious. Well, it's quite fine for a snack but not really that good for a cake.

I bet it was probably Pandan as I've heard it's common in quite a few south east Asian countries. I actually enjoyed mine quite a lot! I wonder if it was just not made that well?! I have no idea!

Reaction score
We have pandan plants in the garden which we use for cooking rice. The pandan leaf gives the rice a certain aroma that makes it more delectable on the dining table. The pandan leaves are also used for gelatin flavoring which is popular in bakeshops and delicatessen stores. Here is the pic of our pandan plant by the side of the house. It is very prolific with leaves and we had to trim it often so it will not be crowded.
IMG_4111 pandan ok.JPG

Ask a Question