The Magic of Parchment Paper in Baking

Reaction score
Parchment paper may not be considered a piece of equipment to most people but I consider it a part of my 'equipment' collection. I do not bake without parchment paper since I first learned of it and loved how it was so easy to use and the pan was mess free. When I first used this paper, I was very skeptical. I wasn't sure on how my cakes, bar cookies and whatever else I was baking, would come out. The skepticism left and a newfound love of a new product came about.

Parchment paper takes the place of having to spray a pan before filling it with batter. Parchment paper also helps aid in not having so many dirty dishes. I can't say enough good over this paper.

Do you or have you ever used Parchment paper? What is/was your experience with it?

Reaction score
Parchment paper is one of the best inventions ever! I love using it for baking cookies, but have not tried it with cakes yet. The baked goods just slide right off the paper, and I noticed that my cookies bake perfect and evenly with the paper. You do not have to srape off baked on cookie pieces and you just throw the used paper away when done. I even use mine for multiple batches at a time so it is a very inexpensive lifesaver! I do not bake now without using this paper.

Reaction score
I don't think I could survive without parchment paper! I not only use it in baking, but cooking, too.

Parchment packages to cook fish in, I line the tray of my microwave with a circle of it when I make potato chips in there.

It is great for cup cake liners! Fancier looking that the traditional kind and you can make your cupcakes higher, and they peal off easier.

Reaction score
I have never used it myself, but after reading this I surely will. It sounds like a great piece of equipment! I heard it makes baking cookies way easier, but I can't tell until I actually give it a try.

Reaction score
Well I am yet to use parchment paper myself. Keep meaning to check and see if it's right next door to where I work but have not as yet. I have a sneaky feeling if it's going to very expensive-very.

Reaction score
I am also using parchment papers sometimes in preparing our foods and for my cooking and baking. I guarantee that it is very useful to me in my kitchen especially when it comes in cleaning the pans or pots and whatever not to be very dirty and messy. I am happy that I had discovered using this a long time ago. :)

Reaction score
I always have a roll of greaseproof paper (as it is known in the UK) handy in the kitchen because it is so very useful and I have to confess to feeling lost when I am in a kitchen without any. It doubles very successfully, as a cake tin liner and for wrapping cooked cakes in once they are cool. The great thing about the greaseproof paper I use (which is brown because it is unbleached) is that one side is 'waxed' or 'greased' and the other side is not, so if you don't want it greased.

Reaction score
I love parchment paper too. Has anyone found it in rolls the same length as plastic wrap? My grocery store only ever carries super long rolls (height-wise, not how many times it wraps around the tube), which I always need to trim down to fit on my baking sheets. It just feels really wasteful given how expensive parchment paper can be. It also doesn't fit well in the drawer with my other wraps.

Ask a Question