Party ideas for a 10 year old girl?

Reaction score
Please help me with some ideas for my daughters birthday party!! She is turning 10 this year and i realy want to do something special for her!!:)

Reaction score
What hobbies does your 10 year old have? If she's into music, you could do a pop star karaoke party with a karaoke machine, cupcakes that look like microphones and invite everyone to come dressed as their favorite pop star.

Reaction score
I agree with ACSAPA; if we knew just a little bit about what your daughter enjoys, I'm sure we could compile a list of really great ideas! After all, most of us were once ten-year-old girls, right? :)

Reaction score
Girls this age love to have a pamper party. There are companies that will do a birthday package deal. They have their nails painted and their hair done. Because they are still relatively young they will design the package to not be too grown up. You could also pull out a rail of clothes or costumes for them to try on. I hope this helps!

Reaction score
I was actually thinking about this post on the way to work this morning! Have you asked your daughter what she'd like? Obviously as the parent you have to set some guidelines...number of guests, amount of your budget, etc. But you can get some ideas from your daughter and plan together. I think that sounds like fun! Maybe you can make a few suggestions (the pampering one is neat, and you can do it at a salon or at your own home if the salon is too costly). I've also used teenaged relatives to help out at times. I had kids for a party while we were renting a house on the lake and of course the water was a big draw...but I didn't want to have to supervise 12 kids in the water by myself, so I asked my older son and my niece to help me lifeguard (they were both actually certified in lifesaving). I have another niece who is super good at doing hair and such and having her at a 10 year old girls' party would for sure be a fun time! (I raised all boys so we never did that one! ;))

Reaction score
I agree with ACSAPA; if we knew just a little bit about what your daughter enjoys, I'm sure we could compile a list of really great ideas! After all, most of us were once ten-year-old girls, right? :)
She loves music very much and dancing!! Her other hobbie is drawing animals!!:)

Reaction score
I was actually thinking about this post on the way to work this morning! Have you asked your daughter what she'd like? Obviously as the parent you have to set some guidelines...number of guests, amount of your budget, etc. But you can get some ideas from your daughter and plan together. I think that sounds like fun! Maybe you can make a few suggestions (the pampering one is neat, and you can do it at a salon or at your own home if the salon is too costly). I've also used teenaged relatives to help out at times. I had kids for a party while we were renting a house on the lake and of course the water was a big draw...but I didn't want to have to supervise 12 kids in the water by myself, so I asked my older son and my niece to help me lifeguard (they were both actually certified in lifesaving). I have another niece who is super good at doing hair and such and having her at a 10 year old girls' party would for sure be a fun time! (I raised all boys so we never did that one! ;))
I must admit i havent ask her i kind of wants to surprise her but you are wright maybe i must just get some ideas of what she will love! I will ask one of her friend to do that for me without her knowing anything!! I love the idea of the lake it could only be fun and her birthday is in summer time also so that will be great!!:)

Reaction score
What hobbies does your 10 year old have? If she's into music, you could do a pop star karaoke party with a karaoke machine, cupcakes that look like microphones and invite everyone to come dressed as their favorite pop star.
She loves music and dancing verry much, so i think the karaoke party is a great idea:)

Reaction score
Look at what your daughter is into like what kind of colors she likes to wear, if she likes certain cartoons or animations are good ideas. Most of all you could always ask her what she would like at her party so she would have no chance of being disappointed in any way unless it is a surprise, then you would have to go the detective route and snoop for ideas.

Reaction score
Look at what your daughter is into like what kind of colors she likes to wear, if she likes certain cartoons or animations are good ideas. Most of all you could always ask her what she would like at her party so she would have no chance of being disappointed in any way unless it is a surprise, then you would have to go the detective route and snoop for ideas.
tiera patterson i want it to be a surprise party so its not easy!! But i did ask a few friend to find out what she would love, i hope they can find out for me but i beleive they will manage!!! Thanx for the ideas!!:)

Reaction score
She loves music and dancing verry much, so i think the karaoke party is a great idea:)

If you're doing a pop star karaoke party, you could buy Dance Central or Just Dance as party games and the cake could be shaped like a vinyl record.
You could get some "concert posters" made of your daughter's picture at Kinko's as decorations for the party. You could give out glow sticks as party favors and have a living room dance party.

Reaction score
Please help me with some ideas for my daughters birthday party!! She is turning 10 this year and i realy want to do something special for her!!:)
Not sure if she is old enough to do slumber parties, but a cool thing could be to do a brunch or pancake bake-off. If you have a griddle, the girls can make different shapes or you can get some cookie cutters and put 'em on the griddle. I guess it depends on how big you want it to be and what your daughter wants too.

Ask a Question