Pastillas de Leche - A No Cook Dessert

Reaction score
Hello everyone! :)

I would just like to share one of our staple Filipino desserts, which is very easy to make. There's no need to cook it and the ingredients are also pretty simple.

You would only need:
2 cups powdered milk (any brand will do)
14 oz condensed milk
some sugar for coating

The preparation is also very simple:
Just combine the powdered milk and the condensed milk. Mix and blend them evenly using a spoon.
Set aside the mixture for around 10-15 minutes before shaping them.
After 10-15 minutes, you can now either shape them into balls or elongated rolls.
Your pastillas de leche is now ready to serve. :)

If you would like to present them as gifts or treats to friends, you can either wrap them with food paper or cellophane.

Here's a picture of the finished product:
Pastillas-De-Leche.jpg

Photo courtesy of kusinamasterrecipes.com

Reaction score
Do you know that pastillas de leche is the favorite dessert of my husband despite being lactose intolerant? He used to buy a pack whenever we would be in the supermarket. But one time, he had bought a spoiled pack which tasted bad - when expired, that sweet thing can ruin your stomach. Now he never buys from the supermarket anymore although he still buys when we are in the province since the freshness of that dessert is guaranteed.

Reaction score
It sounds so easy!! What kind of texture do they have? Are they firm enough to be able to dip in something? I feel like they would be yummy dipped in chocolate...

Reaction score
This recipe had simple ingredients and is just easy to make and no need to cook, And that is the best part which is no cooking at all. That is why this is interesting to make a try. Thanks for sharing your recipe. :)

Reaction score
@Corzhens I can't blame your husband because it's really addicting. :) I also like the ones which are being sold in provinces since they are usually fresh. Pastillas is one of the popular treats in my husband's hometown too. That's why we would always buy several packs of them whenever we visit the place.

@cupcakechef and @ReadmeByAmy I'm glad you liked it guys! :) Once the ingredients are all mixed and they are formed, the texture will feel like a dough so it's actually firm enough to be dipped in chocolate. Yum! :)

Reaction score
Alright....it is nice to see the fifteen years of Spanish that I took finally pay off. Something something milk, right? I am joking of course, but this does sound like an interesting dish. I am always looking for new things to try, and this one has a little zing and appeal to it. Very interesting, and thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
These look nice and easy. I wonder how they would be rolled in coconut, seeds or nuts? For some reason those came to mind when I saw the picture. I might have to try making these for the holidays, although the people I'd be serving them to aren't very adventurous, so I might try making a half batch first.

Reaction score
Alright....it is nice to see the fifteen years of Spanish that I took finally pay off. Something something milk, right? I am joking of course, but this does sound like an interesting dish. I am always looking for new things to try, and this one has a little zing and appeal to it. Very interesting, and thanks for sharing.

Lol! You're so right! :) Pastillas de leche means "milk tablet" when it is directly translated from Spanish. It is also called "Philippine soft milk candy" if translated from our native tongue. This is such a wonderful milky treat especially for those who have fondness when it comes to milk. :)

Reaction score
We really love pastillas at home. Whenever we go home in our province we always have 3 to 5 packs of pastillas going back in Manila. We never get tired of the milky and sweet taste of it. My mother is also lactose intolerant but even she is addicted to the taste so we never forget buying them along the way.

Reaction score
We really love pastillas at home. Whenever we go home in our province we always have 3 to 5 packs of pastillas going back in Manila. We never get tired of the milky and sweet taste of it. My mother is also lactose intolerant but even she is addicted to the taste so we never forget buying them along the way.
This is amazing!

Reaction score
Thanks for the recipe! I actually tried it just now but I kinda read the instructions wrong. I guess I'm not my best today. I thought it was 1/4 cup sugar. And instead of using the sugar as coating, I mixed it along with the powdered milk and condensed milk. It became sweeter than intended so I added more powdered milk. Well, it tasted good nonetheless. But next time, I'll try to do it perfectly.

Ask a Question