Patriotic Brownies for Forth of July

Reaction score
I love homemade brownies too, but I will use box mix when I am in a pinch - hubby loves box mix (I think it reminds him of his childhood!) so I indulge him in them from time to time.

I do also like what you said that they're nicely decorated without being overwhelming or anything!

Reaction score
I am not one for decorating but I sure love to see it and I further agree that they are moderately decorated. They actually look newbie friendly when it comes to decorating.

Reaction score
Those are really cute. I'm sure you could do the same types of decorations, but with homemade brownies. I like how quick the process is, yet they come out nice and festive looking. I haven't made an actual 4th of July dessert in patriotic colors in years, but I have been wanting to make brownies. I actually have a nice variety of colored sugars, so I might see if I have blue, so I can make these.

Reaction score
We didn't end up making these. My daughter decided to do American flag cheesecake instead, using strawberries and blueberries. It turned out nice. It was EZ cheesecake (cream cheese and whipped topping), so no need for the over on what turned out to be a steamy, humid, hot day.

I still like the look of those though. Definitely newbie friendly.

Ask a Question