Paying for a Turkey

Reaction score
What's a reasonable price to pay for a cooked turkey? I don't have time to bake or fry one myself this year. Any ideas on pricing would help. Thanks.

Reaction score
Hmmmm, the last time I bought a cooked turkey was back in the 90's. I bought one of those "dinner boxes" from the grocery store. It had a small turkey in it, a pumpkin pie, a green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and some rolls. It cost $25.00.

Being in retail for some years, I would say that whatever the price of the turkey is uncooked, take half of that price and add it to the uncooked turkey price and thats about what you might expect to pay.

Reaction score
no idea,but i paid 25 american dollars for a 13 pound frozen bird this year,I know you can find them pre cooked,you may won't to look into making sure you have an order in early,just to be sure you have one ,my sisters have bought them pre cooked before,but I'm not sure where at

Reaction score
I would check with your local grocery and any meat market in your area. The price or meals is so different between states here. My Mom in NY pays different than I pay here in PA and it's at the same grocery chain. I saw that Giant Eagle is running their Thanksgiving Package meal for $99.00 here. I don't think that's a good buy but if I had the money I might do it just to save cleaning up my kitchen. :)

Ask a Question