Peaches and cream cupcakes

Reaction score
I made these cupcakes yesterday, and they were really good so i had to share! Here's the recipe:

I doubled the recipe for 12 full-sized cupcakes:

For the Peach goo...
1 tin of peaches (syrup strained and saved)
50g caster sugar

For the cupcakes...
125g self raising flour
125g caster sugar
125g soft unsalted butter
2 large eggs
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp milk
1/2 batch of peach goo to ripple and 1/2 to fill the cupcakes

For the buttercream... (but see tip below)
150g unsalted butter, soft
340g icing sugar, sifted
3-4 tbsp whole milk/milk infusion/juice/other liquid (I used the syrup from the peaches)

Tip: Jemma recommended making a quarter of her buttercream recipe for the mini cupcakes, so I made half for the large cupcakes. This wasn't quite enough, so I made a little more. I'd recommend making 2/3rds of the recipe - 100g butter, 227g icing sugar, 2-3 tbsp syrup

Method:
I creamed together the butter and sugar, then added the eggs and beat it well. I then added the dry ingredients and mixed until well combined, then rippled the peach goo through and spooned into cupcake cases. They took 22 minutes to bake at 170 deg C.

I made the leaves using candy melts - I piped them out and used a toothpick to make the details before it set.

I was worried that once the piped buttercream was dipped in sugar that the sugar would slowly be absorbed by the buttercream, but but thankfully that wasn't the case. It might happen given enough time, but stored in an airtight box they were fine.

peaches cream cupcakes 1.jpg

peaches cream cupcakes 2.jpg

peaches cream cupcakes 3.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was really pleased with them! They went down well at the BBQ I took them to. If I was to make them again I'd probably try and make them more peachy - although the 'peach goo' was swirled through the batter you could only really taste it in the filling. It would be nice to make the buttercream more peachy, I think the only way to do it would be to use flavouring unfortunately.

Here's a photo of the filling:

peaches cream cupcakes filling.jpg

I shared a photo on Instagram and Cupcake Jemma shared it! I'm pleased that she was impressed by them :D

Reaction score
P.S. You might be able to tell from the colour of my thumbnail that I managed to get yellow food colouring everywhere... :rolleyes:

Thought I ought to mention it in case anyone thinks I'm a heavy smoker!

Reaction score
I was really pleased with them! They went down well at the BBQ I took them to. If I was to make them again I'd probably try and make them more peachy - although the 'peach goo' was swirled through the batter you could only really taste it in the filling. It would be nice to make the buttercream more peachy, I think the only way to do it would be to use flavouring unfortunately.

Here's a photo of the filling:

View attachment 1684

I shared a photo on Instagram and Cupcake Jemma shared it! I'm pleased that she was impressed by them :D

That looks really delicious. I actually prefer having a distinctively different filling from the cupcake. I like the cake to balance out the filling.

So cool that Jemma shared your photo. She is one of my fav you tubers. She is so relaxed about baking. She really hip too, so she shines bright in the you tubeverse

Reaction score
I actually prefer having a distinctively different filling from the cupcake. I like the cake to balance out the filling.

That's a good point, I know what you mean. Maybe if I could make the filling more intense it would help - the flavour was quite delicate. I made the filling from tinned peaches because I thought it would be useful to have the syrup, but if I was making these again I'd probably try making it using fresh peaches, and make sure it still has a bit of a tang - I think that would help it stand out more.

Ask a Question