Pear and dried cherry clafouti

Reaction score
Here is the recipe I referred to in another thread. It is an easy dessert to make that is light and satisfying.

Unsalted butter for baking dish
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup dried cherries
1 large pear peeled and sliced
3/4 cup whole milk
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup sugar
Pinch of salt.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter a 10 inch tart dish, dust with flour, and set aside. Put cherries in a bowl of boiling water and let stand until they are plump.

Fan pear slices over the bottom of prepared dish. Blend milk, cream, eggs, vanilla, sugar, flour, salt in a blender until smooth. Pour batter over the pears.

Drain cherries and sprinkle over batter. Bake until golden brown and set about 25 minutes. Cut and serve.

Reaction score
This sounds lovely, Tina! I've made baked goods with pear before, and also with cherry, but I've never used the two together in the one dish. I think that will have to change though!

Reaction score
This is a French dessert that is lightly sweet and super easy to make. It is great for last minute dinner parties. Sometimes I like a dessert that is not too sweet and this hits the spot. I hope you enjoy it!

Reaction score
I love how easy this sounds, and that the ingredients are super difficult to obtain. I'm going to hold onto this recipe and hopefully try making it soon, it sounds delicious!

Reaction score
I made it last night for our Sunday night dessert and it literally took me about 10 minutes to prep the whole thing, It is a super simple dessert to make and tastes good. You get the sweet from the custardy bread, and tart from the fruit. It is kind of like the cross between a bread pudding and a pancake. My kids love it.

Reaction score
Nice recipe, if this isn't so sweet, then I might make it one of these days (sometimes I want something that is not overwhelmingly sweet, so I don't feel so guilty when I eat it). I'll definitely try this, baked pears have become one of my favorite things :) Even more than baked apples ;)

Ask a Question