Pecan crackers

Reaction score
When I was younger I had a friend whose mom did gourmet cooking for fun. She used to make these baked peacan crackers, which looked kind of like cookies, except for the fact they were not sweet. I have since lost touch with them, but I would love to find a recipe for these crackers.

Reaction score
Is this by chance the cracker recipe you are looking for?? My family loves them.

Pecan Crackers

1/2 (16 ounce) packagegraham crackers
2 cups chopped pecans
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cupbutter
1/2 cup margarine

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Line a baking sheet with graham crackers. Sprinkle evenly with pecans.
  3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, butter and margarine. Bring to a boil and boil 3 minutes. Remove from heat and spoon mixture over pecans, coating well.
  4. Bake in preheated oven 12 minutes, until golden. Cool completely before serving.

Reaction score
That does look really good, and a nice alternative to the recipe I am looking for, but no, this is not it. The crackers I had were not sweet at all. I will try this one though and see how they turn out.

Reaction score
I've never heard of pecan crackers. It sounds very interesting to eat let alone actually make some. A sweet and salty pecan cracker actually sounds really good!

Ask a Question