Peppermint Cake

Reaction score
I was watching the talk show Queen Latifa yesterday and saw the most amazing Peppermint Cake! I have to try this. You take 2 white cake batter mixes and mix them up. One cake mix you leave white and the other mix you put red food coloring in. You then take the cake batter and put them in the condiment bottles that you see in restaurants for keptchup and such. You start with the white batter first and squirt a large bit in the middle of the cake pan. Then you squirt the red batter and continue to alternate like this until you fill up the pans. It turns out awesome when you bake it. Such beautiful white and red swirls.

I did not hear anything about putting peppermint oil into the mix to make it taste like peppermint but the cake was frosted and lots of candy canes and the round peppermint candy discs were used to decorate it. It looked quite amazing. I told my husband that I have to try this.

Reaction score
Oh my! I missed to watch Queen Latifa. This woman is truly inspiring to me, as seems to be this cake.

I guess the cake looks awesome and would try to make it on my own as well, probably this weekend.

Thanks for share this Shellyann :)

Reaction score
I love that technique! This one uses just a spoon, but I like that idea of the condiment bottles, you get more swirls....

0a50861c534664d8072df62782fa1abd.jpg

Reaction score
I am actually surprised that the Queen Latifiah show is as successful as it is.

I missed this episode today but I've read a recipe like this before. I am going to see if her people has posted the recipe on her site.

Reaction score
Sounds really yummy! I love anything with peppermint in it!! :)
I had no idea Queen Latfiah had a talk show. But, then again, I don't really watch talk shows!
I would rather watch HGTV or Foodnetwork!! LOL
Happy weekend everyone! Only 12 more days until Christmas!!! Yay!!! :)

Reaction score
@MyDigitalpoint I love the way it turned out. Much like the picture that @Christine Mlinek posted except the cake was red and white. It looked amazing when they cut a huge chunk of it out.

@TheViper I am not sure about the recipe (I did not hear them actually giving out the recipe) just the idea for the cake layers and the frosting and the toppings of peppermints.

@mommy42 It looked so yummy. I am thinking that if you take the cake batter and use a bit of peppermint oil in it as well it would turn out awesome too. Maybe just use it in one layer of the cake instead of two? Perhaps the white layer?

@Christine Mlinek Thank you for posting the picture! I made a "zebra cake" for a bzz agent campaign for the latest Madagascar movie when it came out and I used the spoon as well. I think the idea of using the condiment dispensers is genius! The rings seem to come out chunkier that way!

Reaction score
I was watching the talk show Queen Latifa yesterday and saw the most amazing Peppermint Cake! I have to try this. You take 2 white cake batter mixes and mix them up. One cake mix you leave white and the other mix you put red food coloring in. You then take the cake batter and put them in the condiment bottles that you see in restaurants for keptchup and such. You start with the white batter first and squirt a large bit in the middle of the cake pan. Then you squirt the red batter and continue to alternate like this until you fill up the pans. It turns out awesome when you bake it. Such beautiful white and red swirls.

I did not hear anything about putting peppermint oil into the mix to make it taste like peppermint but the cake was frosted and lots of candy canes and the round peppermint candy discs were used to decorate it. It looked quite amazing. I told my husband that I have to try this.

This cake sounds wonderful. I'm a huge peppermint fan. This is one recipe I am definitely going to try.

Reaction score
Wow that sound really simple . I have seen those cakes with colored swirls and though those must be very complicated to make. They way you decribed how it was done makes it sound easy. This would be a fun thing to do with kids they would think it was so cool.

Reaction score
Mmm, yum yum, I love peppermint! It also sounds like a great decorating idea, much less effort than making the famous seven-layer rainbow cake though I imagine you have to get really big condiment bottles. I definitely want to give this a try.

Reaction score
Oh wow that sounds and looks amazing..I'm not a huge fan of peppermint, but some members in my family are! Might have to keep this in mind when it gets closer to the holidays, it sounds good as a Christmas cake.

Ask a Question