Pets Stealing Your Baking

Reaction score
Has you dog or cat ever crept up behind you and stolen your freshly baked goods? My dog once jumped up behind my back and ate half a plate of cookies! My cat has licked the cake bowl mix before, when I wasn't looking! Have you ever had a family pet help themselves before? :D

Reaction score
No, both my cat and dog like meaty things. The dog once stole an empanada filled with ground beef that I bought at a Cuban cafeteria. But my pets aren't interested in sweet things. It's so odd that your dog likes cookies.

Reaction score
That sounds like a scene from funniest home videos! Being a dog owner, I haven't had that happen with baked goods but I have had that happen with other food I have made usually involving meat. If there is chicken or something within their smell range and I have my back turned then they're going to find a way to clear the plate lol

Reaction score
Dogs, and even cats seem to be adept at stealing our people food anytime it is left unwatched for even a minute. But, that is just how a dogs mind works about food. If you have two dogs, and put food down, the alpha dog will eat, but if he walks away and leaves food, then the second dog will grab it and eat right away.
Since we are the alpha in the family, the dog waits to see if you are going to stop eating, and as soon as he sees you leave the food, he thinks it is his turn, and gobbles it up fast before you decide to come back.

Then we turn around, only to find our food had been eaten by our dog, and we have to put them outside to be sure the food is safe, when we are not paying attention to it.

Reaction score
I just got a dog and she is constantly stealing things like socks, shoes and even earrings or phones. One day I baked some muffins and I set them out for my friends she took like 3 of them and me not even paying attention I did not notice until I went to her hiding spot and found them there.

Ask a Question