Pili nut mazapan

Reaction score
This might appear strange to you. I just want to share what I bought the other weekend when we went to the Bicol region where their identity is the pili nut. It's like a cross between Brazil nut and almond but the shell is so hard. I am posting the picture so you can see the Mazapan bar which is so good for a dessert. I cannot describe it but it's like candied pili that melts in the mouth. And if it melts then it's probably more like macaroons. Sorry, I am getting confused. Just take note of the name.. mazapan.
IMG_3241 Naga goods.jpg

Reaction score
Mazapan is a very comon thing in my country. I live in a South American country and therefore, it's really popular down here, also most of the best cocoa is taken from here so yes, I've heard about all of it. Thank you for sharing.

Reaction score
This might appear strange to you. I just want to share what I bought the other weekend when we went to the Bicol region where their identity is the pili nut. It's like a cross between Brazil nut and almond but the shell is so hard. I am posting the picture so you can see the Mazapan bar which is so good for a dessert. I cannot describe it but it's like candied pili that melts in the mouth. And if it melts then it's probably more like macaroons. Sorry, I am getting confused. Just take note of the name.. mazapan. View attachment 849

My office mate from Bicol always have this as a present whenever she takes vacation back her home.
Thank you for sharing.

Ask a Question