Pillsbury Doughnut

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is where this belongs, but this is where I've seen other doughnut posts. I was wondering if anyone has ever made a doughnut with Pillsbury flaky biscuits. I made them one time, a couple of years ago, in Home Economics. So, all you have to do it take out one of the biscuits and dig whole in it. I think you can put a balled up piece of foil in the middle so the whole stays and the "doughnut" keeps its shape. Once you finish baking per the biscuit instructions you let them cool and you can add store bought frosting or homemade. You can also add any toppings you'd like. Its taste pretty good and its really easy to do with kids.

Reaction score
I have made this recipe before when I found it on the side of a biscuit can. I really like this recipe because when you fry the they taste life bakery bought donuts. If you powder them while they are hot or sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar the really tun out well.

Reaction score
I've been thinking, what if instead of putting the hole in it, I leave it whole and put some sort of filling in it, how would that turn out? Would I put the filling in before or after I bake? I think I would just inject it in.

Reaction score
I've been thinking, what if instead of putting the hole in it, I leave it whole and put some sort of filling in it, how would that turn out? Would I put the filling in before or after I bake? I think I would just inject it in.

They puff up well so the most likly would hold filling.I would put the filling in after they are cooked ,just use a pastry bag with a long star tip.

Reaction score
My mother used to make us donut holes using canned biscuits many , many years ago. She usually made them on Saturday mornings as a treat to eat as we watched cartoons. We always looked forward to them. I make them occasionally now and my grandson loves them. I like to heat up sugar free hot fudge topping and dip them in that as I eat them. yummy. My grandson likes them rolled in powded sugar,, he licks of the powdered sugar and then eats the donut. My mom always fried hers, but I bake them.

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! Donuts are easily one of my favorite baked goods but for me also one that I consider the most tedious so I generally buy them as opposed to making them myself. I'm going to try this out, I may experiment and try to make a jelly donut but I will have to see how easy it is to insert jelly in the biscuit.

Ask a Question