Pineapple Breeze Torte

Reaction score
This looks like a really nice dessert for Easter dinner.
pineapple breeze torte.jpg
It doesn't actually involve baking, and is sort of a cross between cheesecake and tiramisu without the espresso. I love lady fingers and cream cheese, and lemon is one of my favorite dessert flavors, so although I may not make this for Easter this year, I am keeping it on my list of recipes to try. http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pineapple-breeze-torte

Reaction score
It sure looks good. Fresh out of looking at a cheesecake @ChesterV posted, I am going to resign from this site. Just looking at these goodies is enough to just spike my sugar levels. On a serious note, things like these I just want to try at least once to say I can get them done.

Reaction score
I like pineapple sweets - my favorite is probably Pineapple Upside Down cake.

This torte really seems like a nice fresh dessert. We are actually doing a family get together for Easter weekend, so you may have just solved my "what to make?" dilemma!

Reaction score
Wow! This looks delicious because I love pineapple and cream cheese. And of course the lady fingers biscuits that I am always using when I am making no bake dessert cakes. I check already the recipe and it had only simple ingredients and is easy to make. I will also keep this in my list of recipes to try. Thanks for sharing this recipe. :)

Reaction score
I pinned this ;) I love the fact it doesn't require so many ingredients, and it seems so easy to make. I've a doubt though... how do you make sure the lady fingers will soften? I don't like like hard ladyfingers.

Reaction score
how do you make sure the lady fingers will soften? I don't like like hard ladyfingers.

They are very absorbent, so when they're put with something wet (eg the cream cheese) they soften after a while. It looks yummy!

Reaction score
They are very absorbent, so when they're put with something wet (eg the cream cheese) they soften after a while. It looks yummy!

Oh thanks for explaining that, I was a bit worried when I pinned it, because just some weeks ago I tried a cake that looked similar (with those cookies) and they were so dry! Good to know :)

Reaction score
Oh thanks for explaining that, I was a bit worried when I pinned it, because just some weeks ago I tried a cake that looked similar (with those cookies) and they were so dry! Good to know :)

@Trellum If you've ever had tiramisu, it's usually made with ladyfingers like this, and also is somewhat liquidy, so the ladyfingers absorb the liquid, as @Becky mentioned. They're somewhat like little sponges, and turn out very soft in dishes like this one, so the desserts are easy to scoop up with a fork or spoon, and the ladyfingers will become similar to sponge cake.

Ask a Question