Pineapple Tarts

Reaction score
Has anyone tried making (or even eating) pineapple tarts? I make them here all the time and they taste great. We use our pastry dough, roll them out into small circles, place some pineapple jam in the center (pre-made with some sugar) and then fold them neatly into triangles. When they're cooled we add some yellow food colouring on the top to add some colour.

Reaction score
I loved to eat pineapple tarts in breakfast.

A local restaurant here had a breakfast menu that included them, and I really like them since.

However never thought of baking some the way you say, in fact I though they had a degree of difficulty but sound that simple that I will try them this weekend :)

Reaction score
I loved to eat pineapple tarts in breakfast.

A local restaurant here had a breakfast menu that included them, and I really like them since.

However never thought of baking some the way you say, in fact I though they had a degree of difficulty but sound that simple that I will try them this weekend
0clip_image002.png

Me too, they taste great with tea (I'm not a coffee person). I've actually never had them in a restaurant before, the recipe that I use is basically one that is past down in my family. It's not difficult at all; unless of course you want them to be perfect triangles, with that being said, take all the time in the world! Traditionally they're yellow in my culture, but I like them blue! :cool:

Reaction score
I have never had pineapple tarts before. They sound tasty and I love pineapple. I will have to see about making me some.

Reaction score
I have never had pineapple tarts before. They sound tasty and I love pineapple. I will have to see about making me some.
They taste really good and they're not that hard to make; you should definitely give them a try. Of course, you can make the shape in any way that you like, but my tradition is to do triangular tarts. :) They look something like this, but some people use a fork to press the sides in:

Pinetarts_Waternarked.jpg

Reaction score
oh WOW those look good. I will be trying those out soon. I have to wait right now, but I will be getting the ingredients and starting on them soon.

Reaction score
oooooh, I love pineapple.. never thought of putting them in a tart.. thanks for the idea!

Reaction score
I like sharing recipes with friends and I shared this with a friend. She likes this recipe and said she was going to make some and bring some to work for me to try.

Reaction score
Thank you all for acknowledging this amazing recipe. I hope that you all get a chance to try it and that they turn out as best to your liking as possible.

I like sharing recipes with friends and I shared this with a friend. She likes this recipe and said she was going to make some and bring some to work for me to try.

Did she? I hope she does indeed bring you some, give me a heads up if you liked it or not. I'm curious. :)

Reaction score
Oh they were delicious. She loved them as well and loved the recipe. I can't wait to make my own. I think I will make some for Thanksgiving to go with the other desserts we are having. I hope my family likes them as much as I did. That is a great recipe and thanks again for sharing it.

Reaction score
My mom use to buy these from our local bakery when I was growing up. They are really tasty and I like to eat them with milk. Some people think that it is a little weird but it just blends well.

Reaction score
Oh they were delicious. She loved them as well and loved the recipe. I can't wait to make my own. I think I will make some for Thanksgiving to go with the other desserts we are having. I hope my family likes them as much as I did. That is a great recipe and thanks again for sharing it.

Awesome! I'm glad that you both enjoyed them. I hope that your family likes them as well. You're welcome, it's a thrill sharing something like this.

@TheViper I've never had it with milk before, I usually just take it with tea, maybe I'll try it with milk next time we make them. :)

Ask a Question