Pineapple Tarts

Discussion in 'Pastry' started by Preya_M, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Preya_M

Preya_M Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried making (or even eating) pineapple tarts? I make them here all the time and they taste great. We use our pastry dough, roll them out into small circles, place some pineapple jam in the center (pre-made with some sugar) and then fold them neatly into triangles. When they're cooled we add some yellow food colouring on the top to add some colour.

Preya_M, Oct 17, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Preya_M

MyDigitalpoint Well-Known Member

I loved to eat pineapple tarts in breakfast.

A local restaurant here had a breakfast menu that included them, and I really like them since.

However never thought of baking some the way you say, in fact I though they had a degree of difficulty but sound that simple that I will try them this weekend :)

MyDigitalpoint, Nov 1, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Preya_M

Me too, they taste great with tea (I'm not a coffee person). I've actually never had them in a restaurant before, the recipe that I use is basically one that is past down in my family. It's not difficult at all; unless of course you want them to be perfect triangles, with that being said, take all the time in the world! Traditionally they're yellow in my culture, but I like them blue! :cool:

Preya_M, Nov 5, 2013
  4. Preya_M

Annette Well-Known Member

I have never had pineapple tarts before. They sound tasty and I love pineapple. I will have to see about making me some.

Annette, Nov 6, 2013
  5. Preya_M

They taste really good and they're not that hard to make; you should definitely give them a try. Of course, you can make the shape in any way that you like, but my tradition is to do triangular tarts. :) They look something like this, but some people use a fork to press the sides in:

[​IMG]

Preya_M, Nov 8, 2013
  6. Preya_M

oh WOW those look good. I will be trying those out soon. I have to wait right now, but I will be getting the ingredients and starting on them soon.

Annette, Nov 8, 2013
  7. Preya_M

Josie Well-Known Member

oooooh, I love pineapple.. never thought of putting them in a tart.. thanks for the idea!

Josie, Nov 18, 2013
  8. Preya_M

I like sharing recipes with friends and I shared this with a friend. She likes this recipe and said she was going to make some and bring some to work for me to try.

Annette, Nov 18, 2013
    Preya_M likes this.
  9. Preya_M

Thank you all for acknowledging this amazing recipe. I hope that you all get a chance to try it and that they turn out as best to your liking as possible.

Did she? I hope she does indeed bring you some, give me a heads up if you liked it or not. I'm curious. :)

Preya_M, Nov 21, 2013
  10. Preya_M

Oh they were delicious. She loved them as well and loved the recipe. I can't wait to make my own. I think I will make some for Thanksgiving to go with the other desserts we are having. I hope my family likes them as much as I did. That is a great recipe and thanks again for sharing it.

Annette, Nov 21, 2013
  11. Preya_M

TheViper Well-Known Member

My mom use to buy these from our local bakery when I was growing up. They are really tasty and I like to eat them with milk. Some people think that it is a little weird but it just blends well.

TheViper, Nov 23, 2013
  12. Preya_M

Awesome! I'm glad that you both enjoyed them. I hope that your family likes them as well. You're welcome, it's a thrill sharing something like this.

@TheViper I've never had it with milk before, I usually just take it with tea, maybe I'll try it with milk next time we make them. :)

Preya_M, Dec 1, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question