Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Reaction score
For Sunday dinner I decided to make a pineapple upside down cake and was surprised at the results. I have never added a box of instant pudding to a cake before but the recipe called for it so I did as I was told :) I am so happy that I did. This cake turned out better than any cake I have ever made and I believe everyone in the house felt the same because the cake was gone within 45 minutes after cooling. The cake was so moist and flavorful that I must admit, I may try adding a box of pudding to every cake recipe in the future. Has anyone ever added a box of instant pudding to a cake they have made? I am looking forward to hearing about the experience if so.

Reaction score
Wow, I never would have thought to add pudding to a pineapple upside down cake, but who can argue with those results? That sounds amazing :) I'm going to have to try that one!

Reaction score
I had heard about that trick before :) Not sure i want to try it with every cake tho (depends on the flavor too), but I think this trick works great with chocolate and vanilla cakes :)

Reaction score
I have a chocolate chip cookie recipe that I want to try that calls for instant vanilla pudding. It sounds pretty good.

Reaction score
Yum! Sounds like the cake was most definitely a hit if it disappeared that fast! I haven't personally added pudding to cakes myself but a few people I know absolutely swear by it!

Ask a Question