Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Reaction score
Has anyone ever attempted to make a pineapple upside down cake? I've never made one, but was wondering if anyone has had great success making one of these? I've uploaded a picture so you can see what it looks like.

Attachments

• pineapple.jpg
    pineapple.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 499
Reaction score
This was my Dad's birthday cake for every year I can remember. Even though he's been gone for 30 years someone in the family still makes it near his birthday. It is SO delicious!! (that's something, for me to say about anything non-chocolate! ;) ) I've made a few of them over the years and they really aren't that difficult. The caramelized filling around the pineapples and cherries is pretty forgiving...when you flip it if it doesn't all come out you can easily reassemble. I make mine in my cast iron skillet. I think that's what my Mom always used, and I also just love cast iron for baking things like cakes or corn bread (great, now I want some cornbread too! LOL) One of my favorite parts of a pineapple upside down cake is the way the cake and the caramelized sugar come together at the edge to make a crispy, crusty yumminess!

Reaction score
I like pineapple upside-down cake, but I've never had one come out of the skillet so neatly and perfectly. Something always breaks apart and the pineapples slide everywhere. (Not that I'm really complaining, it tastes just as good.)
I've always wanted to try making individually sized cakes, maybe with more layers of pineapple slices inside.

Reaction score
I like pineapple upside-down cake, but I've never had one come out of the skillet so neatly and perfectly. Something always breaks apart and the pineapples slide everywhere. (Not that I'm really complaining, it tastes just as good.)
I've always wanted to try making individually sized cakes, maybe with more layers of pineapple slices inside.

I want to try individual ones too. On Pinterest, I saw that someone made individual pineapple upside down cakes in a cupcake pan, but they trimmed the pineapple rings to fit.
I'm thinking of buying one of those jumbo muffin pans so that I can keep the pineapple rings whole and not trim anything.

Reaction score
I have made it before, but not recently. It is one of my favorites, though, and I love the syrupy taste of the pineapple filling. Mine came out of the pan just fine, but I don't remember if there was some special trick to getting it to do that. I am pretty sure, I just put the top pan on the cake and turned the whole thing upside down and let it fall out of the pan onto the flat pan, and then carefully moved it to a serving platter.

Reaction score
I love making this cake for when people are coming over to visit us :) It's a great and easy cake to prepare when you know people are coming over, we eat it with some coffee. They are not so hard to prepare :) This cake is one of the most popular cake recipes here.

Reaction score
I love making this cake for when people are coming over to visit us :) It's a great and easy cake to prepare when you know people are coming over, we eat it with some coffee. They are not so hard to prepare :) This cake is one of the most popular cake recipes here.
Is it really that easy? I have looked at this recipe so many times and lack the courage to try it. I remember when I first joined the forum there were even some beautiful mini ones posted here. I don't remember by who. Maybe ACSAPA or some other person but somehow I keep running from the challenge.

Reaction score
Now that you are off from work you can try 'em :) They're really easy, but everything has a trick... it took me more than one try to get it right ;) But I'll tell you one thing... making this one is WAAAAAAAAAAY easier than making the so called ''impossible cake''. You know, this one:

065.jpg

The top if flan and the bottom is chocolate cake, with this one it' all about consistency and right timing. Very popular in my mother country.

Ask a Question