Pita Bread recipe?

Reaction score
I'm making some hummus, and suddenly it occurred to me that it might be possible to make my own pita bread as well. Google makes it sound easy, but I always have trouble combing through the recipes to sort the wheat from the chaff (see what I did there? ;).

So, assuming no super hard-to-get ingredients or crazy apparatus (this would be in a regular oven, I mean) does anyone have a good (and easy) pita recipe they can share?

Reaction score
Thank you, I think that's going to be a project for this weekend. Unless I chicken out again ;)

Reaction score
Well, that went okay. Not perfect, but edible at least. I think I'll try it again tomorrow and be more careful with the timing.

Reaction score
Is there a learning curve to it? That always makes me nervous when trying to bake something new, that the first time I will screw it up horribly and not want to try the recipe again. >.<

Reaction score
Is there a learning curve to it? That always makes me nervous when trying to bake something new, that the first time I will screw it up horribly and not want to try the recipe again. >.<

Not at all, or at least I wouldn't guess so. I am just extremely undisciplined in the kitchen, so things with relatively short cooking times are the most likely for me to mess up either by poking at them before I should or by wander off and getting distracted by something (say an internet forum!) and letting them cook longer than they should ;)

Reaction score
Not at all, or at least I wouldn't guess so. I am just extremely undisciplined in the kitchen, so things with relatively short cooking times are the most likely for me to mess up either by poking at them before I should or by wander off and getting distracted by something (say an internet forum!) and letting them cook longer than they should ;)

Haha, oh no! I tend to the same way. Guess I'll have to do a couple rounds of this recipe to get one that finally works out, lol

Ask a Question