Pizza dough

Anyone other pizza douh fans?

• Yes, I love to make it

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • I would like to one day

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Once I learned how to make the pizza dough I made up any excuse to make it lol. Once I got everything down pact I had my nieces and nephews come over with their friends and they all made their very own pizza. That was a great day and it was fun for the kids. We all had tummy aches by the end of the night though.

Reaction score
Making a pizza is very high on my todo list. I remember having a roommate that loved to make pizza from scratch. It was the best pizza ever! And, so simple to make.

I've got a bread oven and I'll use it to eliminate the hands-on mess of kneading the dough. Plus, I can prepare the toppings while the dough is being kneaded. Mmmm, this has got me craving a home-made pizza, now!

I hope the tummy aches were from eating too much pizza (the best kind of tummy ache).

Reaction score
I haven't made a pizza from scratch I usually eat frozen entrees. I think next time I may eat a pizza from scratch.

Reaction score
Do you really have to toss the dough around for it to turn out right? I get the feeling that part's not going to go too well for me. :) Can you just stretch it and shape it on the cutting board?

Reaction score
Making a pizza is very high on my todo list. I remember having a roommate that loved to make pizza from scratch. It was the best pizza ever! And, so simple to make.

I've got a bread oven and I'll use it to eliminate the hands-on mess of kneading the dough. Plus, I can prepare the toppings while the dough is being kneaded. Mmmm, this has got me craving a home-made pizza, now!

I hope the tummy aches were from eating too much pizza (the best kind of tummy ache).

I always crave pizza! And it is so much fun to make, too!

I have not made pizza dough from scratch yet. Would you like to share your recipe? I usually buy the dough from the bakery along with fresh mozzarella. Sometimes we buy extra dough and make cheese stuffed garlic bread sticks to go with the pizza.

Reaction score
i have not made my own dough yet, but I am planning to learn that too in the next days to come. It will really be very fulfilling for me to be able to create my own pizza! I love eating pizza and to make one from scratch and do the entire process of making one--from kneading the dough to shaping it, to layering the toppings of my choice--would definitely be fun. But for the meantime, since my time is really limited, I satisfy myself with quick-homemade-pizza everytime I crave for one. I just get a leftover bread, top it with any cheese I find in the fridge, put some onion, bell peppers, sausages, ham, pepper, and tomato paste, toss it in the toaster (yeah, not even oven!), set in 3-5 minutes, and viola! Pizza for me!

Reaction score
In my family we love making homemade pizza dough and noodles. We let our kids help cut the noodles and roll it out and they love it. On the pizza dough they love rolling the dough, and decorating the pizza with their toppings of choice, which for them is cheese and pepporoni, but they help us add the toppings to the adult pizza too. I think it's a great family activity, and they have so much fun making it while they are getting messy.

Reaction score
I don't make pizza very often anymore but I make pepperoni bread out of my pizza dough recipe. It's an absolute favorite with my family!!! I get requests for it all the time. Making pizza dough is so simple, I just don't see any reason not to make it from scratch. Plus...I love the way my hands smell after I've kneaded it!!

Reaction score
Making your own pizza is so much fun. I've done it a couple times and it turned out really good. Getting to add your own ingredients and it still being cheaper than delivery; better than frozen. Doing it with children from what I've seen has proved to be quite fun for people and the kids too. They usually allow them to make minis or make dough and put it all in muffin tins with the little pieces of dough lining it. :)

Reaction score
I don't toss my dough, btw....I roll it out (when I make pepperoni bread) or push it into the pan for pizza. I never could toss it, so I just don't try, and I'm completely pleased with the results anyway.

I agree with those who've said it's fun to make pizza with kids. When my kids and nieces and nephews were young making personal sized pizza was always a hit when we got together!

Reaction score
Making your own pizzas is so satisfying, and great for kids! Although the way we do things gets things pretty messy... I guess you could be more prepared and have all the ingredients ready in advance; I always feel put to shame when you see cookery shows with everything neatly set out in measured bowls. But we much prefer the attack-the-fridge approach anyway - its so much more fun and creative! And a great opportunity to teach the benefits of home-made over processed food. Plus everyone gets exactly what they want - its perfect! If we're lazy and don't want to make our own dough, an old loaf that's getting towards the stale side can also make a great base.

Reaction score
I haven't made pizza dough since i was at school, but i'd love to do it again as i love the taste of it as well!

Reaction score
I recently came acrossed a recipe for pizza dought that ses beer instead of water> has anyone tried this before? This seem like a really cool idea I wonder how it will effect the texture of the finished product.

Reaction score
I have never had any success in making dough from scratch. I buy the dough in bags that's frozen at the store. I let it set out on a pan to rise for a couple of hours. I then knead the dough and roll it out to the desired size. My kids help with this. We add spices to the dough toile it taste good.

Reaction score
I use the recipe on Ree Drummond's ( the Pioneer Woman) web site for pizza dough. It makes a soft dough that you just press into the pan after rising. My family loves it. We use all kinds of cheeses and topping to make pizza to include left over barbq of any kind and a thin layer of barbq sauce instead of tomato sauce and grated up cheddar cheese.

Ask a Question