Pizza toppings?

Reaction score
Well, I know that I include pizza in "baking", but I wasn't sure which category to put it in. Yesterday was "Family Day" here in Ontarion, Canada and my parents decided that we would make pizza as a family. Sadly, my parents fell asleep on the sofa and my and my brother were left to make the pizza. So, we scrambled up whatever we could find and topped it off with:

Tomatoes
Olives
Broccoli
Pineapples
Green Peppers

and some black pepper to taste. What are your favourite toppings to put on your pizza? What are the worst pizza toppings you've ever had? Mushrooms are mine.

Reaction score
Broccoli is an interesting choice for a pizza topping.

My favorite toppings are red and green peppers, red onions, fresh basil, and spinach. My least favorite are mushrooms and olives.

Reaction score
That is funny that your parents fell asleep!!! ;-) No disrespect meant - it just struck me funny! My daughter will eat cheese only - sometimes she will "venture out" and have pepperoni!! LOL I will eat pretty much anything on pizza - but I don't really like black olives. I will eat them - just don't prefer them! My hubby will eat anything that has a kick or is spicy! He would love jalapeños on his!!
My favorite is sausage and mushroom - but I seem to be the only one in my family that likes that. :)

Reaction score
Pepperoni, Sausage, Chicken, and Bacon. Yep. I love meat toppings on my pizzas. I absolutely hate veggies on a pizza.

The worst topping I've ever had? Tie between onions or pineapple.

Reaction score
I like all the meats, so I usually order a "meat lover's" pizza with a mixture of all the meats, like sausage, meatball and pepperoni. I hate onions and bell peppers on pizza so much that even if I pick them off of the pizza, the pizza still tastes tainted and I can't eat it.

Reaction score
I, too, am a big fan of meats. I like sausage, pepperoni, bacon, etc. I also like onions, green peppers and mushrooms, but I don't like black olives!!

Reaction score
I have yet to actually meet anyone that likes anchovies on pizza, but I tried them once and it wasn't that bad. They're just like tiny sardines. It was like eating tiny pieces of salty meat on a pizza. I didn't hate it. You're eating anchovies whenever you eat a Caesar salad anyway.

Reaction score
I, too, am a big fan of meats. I like sausage, pepperoni, bacon, etc. I also like onions, green peppers and mushrooms, but I don't like black olives!!
I totally agree! Pepperoni and bacon are a great combination on pizza! I also love a lot of veggies. My husband is a big fan of mushrooms on his pizza. I agree though, I am NOT a fan of black olives.

Reaction score
At our house we like almost anything on a pizza. I make pizza often using Ree Drummond's "Pioneer Woman" recipe for the dough. We have used canned spagetti sauce for the sauce on pizza, but I also like to put just thin slices of tomato on it and I sprinkle some Italian seasoning on them. For toppings we use grated mozerella as well as just slices. My grandson wants pepperoni on his and my daughter and I like to try different things. So usually we do half pepperoni for him, then we go wild on our half!

Reaction score
I am a big fan of apple bacon pizza. It is a new thing where I live and it is very delicious. It is kind of the same as the pineapple pizza, but I don't like pineapple.

Reaction score
I love seafood pizza but it can be hard to get it just right. I was surprised to discover that egg can be really good on pizza...and a 'breakfast style' one with eggs, canadian bacon and green peppers was one of the best I've ever had.

Reaction score
I'm a big Hawaiian pizza lover. Bacon, ham & pineapple is what you'll find on mine. My husband prefers the meat lovers pizza while my kids just like pepperoni.

Ask a Question