Pizzelle Cannoli Shells

Reaction score
O.k., so we've had an ongoing discussion in another thread about cannoli, and it seems as if making actual cannoli shells is beyond the scope of a beginner baker, or perhaps even a moderately skilled one. So, since I love pizzelle, and recalled seeing them mentioned as being used for cannoli shells, I searched for a good recipe. I really like King Arthur Flour's site and follow them on social media as well. This recipe comes from their site, and has lots of information, as well as pictures. This is all about cannoli, and mentions some Italian bakeries I'm somewhat familiar with, so I know the recipes will be good. Here's a link to that site for more information.

I skimmed the article, and didn't see details of how to go about using the pizzelle as cannoli shells, so here's another article with more information, for those interested in doing so. Incidentally, my pizzelle maker came with a tool to use for making cones, and that could also be used for making sort of open ended cannoli, or if you want the more authentic style, you could purchase a set of cannoli tubes and when the pizzelle are still warm, wrap them around the tubes, being careful not to singe your fingers in the process. I love the look of her cannoli, even though they don't meet in the middle the way authentic cannoli do. Plus, these aren't deep fried, so perhaps they're a bit more healthy ;).

Ask a Question