Help with Cooking Pepper Jack Corn Muffins in Jumbo Tins

Reaction score
Hi! I wasn't sure whether to put this in cakes because I'm using cupcake tins or bread because I'm making pepper jack muffins, but I figure you guys would have more knowledge about how cupcake tins work, so.... here goes nothing.... I'm making pepper jack corn muffins tonight for my hubby that are instructed to be cooked at 400 degrees for 25 minutes in regular sized cupcake tins. However, all I have are jumbo sized tins. Does that mean I should lower the temperature and cook it for longer so it doesn't burn but it still cooks through the larger amount of batter? I'm really not sure. Sorry if this is a dumb question. Any insight is appreciated! Thank you!

Reaction score
Yes, I'd definitely lower the temp and cook a bit longer in order to compensate the extra volume of batter, because if you don't you might end up with undercooked muffins.

Reaction score
Yes, I'd definitely lower the temp and cook a bit longer in order to compensate the extra volume of batter, because if you don't you might end up with undercooked muffins.

Ask a Question