Poke Cake

Reaction score
Have any of you ever made a poke cake? Are you familar with what they are?
For those of you who are unsure of what a poke cake is, it is a regular cake that you poke holes into after baking the cake. You then fill the holes with pudding, jello, or sauce and alllow it to soak into the cake. You can then top the cake with icing, whip cream, or other toppings.
Personally, I love poke cakes! They are so moist and delicious! My grandmother used to make them al of the time!
What about you? Do you like to make poke cakes?

Reaction score
I haven't made a poke cake yet, but I have tons of poke cake recipes pinned on Pinterest to make someday. I'm impressed with what a versatile idea it is and how many different liquids and fillings you can put in a poke cake.

Reaction score
I have never made a poke cake. This sounds delicious, though. It also doesn't sound too hard to do.
Thanks so much for sharing the Oreo pudding cake. This is one that I should try one of these days.

Reaction score
I make poke cakes often and we love them. I am diabetic and use the sugar free Pillsbury cake mixes, sugar free instant jello and sugar free cool whip. I have had it with jello instead of pudding and do not care for it that way. They are so easy to make and a nice alternative to a cake with regular frosting/iceing on it.

Ask a Question