Polvoron

Reaction score
This is a powdery dessert that is a favorite during my younger days. The main ingredients are flour, powdered milk, sugar, butter and flavoring usually crushed peanuts. The ingredients are mixed in a pan except the crushed peanuts. Wait, there is a little butter for the pan to melt that would give it a bit of crunchy texture. Okay, the mixture is cooked in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes in continuous stirring so as not to burn. Add the peanuts a minute before harvesting from the pan.

You need a mold for this so the polvoron will have a nice shape which is appropriate for wrapping. The powder would seem a bit sticky but not really much, just sticky for convenience to the bite.

Reaction score
Oh, I love polvoron! :) There are many polvoron flavors that are now available in the market but I really love the original style which are usually sold in stores. I remember when I was still a little girl, it would always be a treat for me if my mom buys me the large ones. I could eat a whole pack of it and never get bored of its taste.

It's also pretty easy to make at home so anyone could make his/her own polvoron treat. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pizzaman

Latest Threads