Popovers

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but here goes. My wife has a very simple popover recipe. They get baked in a popover pan and usually come out very high with the right amount of crispiness outside and fluffiness inside. Earlier this year, we moved from CT to SC and went from an electric stove to natural gas. She has yet to get her popovers to come out they way they did when using electric. What could possibly be the problem?

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

I've never made popovers, but a quick Google tells me they're similar to the Yorkshire puddings we have here in the UK. Do you bake them in the oven too? If so it may be that your oven's temperature isn't as high as the previous one - a high temperature is crucial to good Yorkshire puddings (and I presume the same will apply to popovers, although hopefully one of our US members will be able to confirm). Ovens vary massively, and it can take a while to get accustomed to the quirks of a new oven. I'd recommend getting an oven thermometer so that you can check whether the temperature on the dial is accurate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pizzaman

Latest Threads