Pourable cookie dough

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking for some sort of cookies that have a pourable dough. I've been putting butter cookie dough in detailed silicone molds, but it's time consuming and inconsistent. I could make cakes or chocolate or other things that are pourable, but I'd like to find some kind of cookie dough that could also easily pour into the molds without needing to be packed down or evened out. Thanks for any suggestions. Robert

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

Madeleines are made in a mould, and the batter for them is usually quite liquid. Might be worth a try? I've not made them myself so I can't recommend a specific recipe I'm afraid. As to whether they are cake or cookie... well any liquid batter is more likely to be a cake and not a cookie.

It's also worth bearing in mind that many cookie dough recipes level themselves out when put in the oven, especially if they haven't been chilled beforehand.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

Madeleines are made in a mould, and the batter for them is usually quite liquid. Might be worth a try? I've not made them myself so I can't recommend a specific recipe I'm afraid. As to whether they are cake or cookie... well any liquid batter is more likely to be a cake and not a cookie.

It's also worth bearing in mind that many cookie dough recipes level themselves out when put in the oven, especially if they haven't been chilled beforehand.

Thanks, I will try some Madeleines. The problem I was having with basic butter cookies was they did settle down in the mold, but they didn't get into all the details within the mold. The general shape spread through the mold, but I had to press them down to get details to show up. A butter cookie or sugar cookie would be easier than the Madeleines. Thanks

Reaction score
Have you thought about trying a different mould? You can get cookie stamps designed for cookie dough, but they don't remain in place during baking therefore it's possible to lose definition. It would at least mean you can stick with cookie dough as opposed to cake batter though.

Reaction score
Hello Robert,
Try a springerle cookie recipe. It is a traditional German Christmas cookie that is noted for the molded decoration on the cookie face. The cookie is formulated to hold fine detail when pressed into a mold.

Ask a Question