Properly store my bread dough for later usage?

Reaction score
Hey, I just wanna know if its possible to store home made pizza, Focaccia, and french bread dough. i want to be able to make a good size ball of dough and use it throughout the week, or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
hey i just wanna know if its possible to store home made pizza, Focaccia, and french bread dough. i want to be able to make a good size ball of dough and use it throughout the week, or something like that.

How do you store your dough depends on the type of yeast used.

Instant yeast doughs requires dough be used right away. The strain of yeast develops very quickly. The yeast multiplies consumes the sugars in the dough. The faster they multiply the more sugars they consume. The more they multiply. The more sugars they consume. They then exhaust their food supply. They then begin to die off. Dead yeast then means no rise. So doughs made with instant yeast have to be baked within hours of mixing.

Instant yeast was developed so bakers could bake their bread within hours. Manufactures of yeast do not even recommend overnight refrigeration of dough with instant yeast.

If you want to store dough, use active dry yeast.

While you can freeze dough, freezing yeasted dough at home effects the quality.

Pizza dough can be stored in the refrigerator up to five days; if you want to keep it beyond five days freeze it.

Focaccia dough can be stored in the refrigerator up to two days. It can be frozen up to a month.

French bread and bread dough in general can be stored in the refrigerator up to two days: depending on the type of bread, par baking may be necessary.

Link to freezing yeast doughs

https://redstaryeast.com/yeast-baking-lessons/postpone-baking/

Ask a Question