Protein Fluff

Reaction score
This is simple to make and if you have extra time, makes an amazing sorbet.

Youll need:
  • 500g Frozen berries (I've used cherries, rasberries and blueberries before)
  • 60g Whey protein powder
That's it!
Put the berries into a bowl and break up with a fork.
It might be worth microwaving them for a second or at least letting them thaw a little - they need to be mainly frozen though.
Keep forking and breaking the berries until they go slighty mushy.
Add in your 60g of whey (caesin works too, but I always use whey) and mix it together.
Once it is well mixed, use you electric whisker and start whisking it all together - you'll need a deep bowl to avoid making a mess.
It'll take a bit of whisking but after a while you'll notice the mixture will start getting bigger and go fluffy (much like whisking egg whites).
Once it is as fluffy as your want you can either eat it as it is or pop it in the freezer and make an amazing sorbet.

No sugar, plenty of fruit, great for summer and your waist :)

Reaction score
As it's starting to warm up weather wise, I've been craving icy sweet treats - but if I was to eat ice cream all the time I think my waist would expand rather dramatically! Are there any brands of protein powder you recommend? Sometimes I find the taste of certain brands kind of chalky and off-putting - there's gotta be some good ones out there, right? :)

Reaction score
I always use Impact Whey from www.myprotein.com.
They're one of the cheapest and not packed full off rubbish or sugar.

A great range of flavours :)

The fluff is so filling, you won't be able to eat too much so no worries of waistline :p
Creating sorbet from it is really creamy because of the Whey.

I suggest you either go for the summer berry whey flavour or one of the chocolate ones. Other flavours tend to have a horrible after taste :)

Reaction score
Oh, thanks for this. This is very cool. I definitely want to try this out. The berries do have some carbs, but still. I like the idea of a high protein dessert, if I'm going to indulge a bit. The sorbet idea sounds really great.

Ask a Question