Pumpkin Overload

Reaction score
Now that we have settled in to fall everywhere you look someone is offering some pumpkin flavored candy, baked good and drinks .I love pumpkin just as much as anyone else ,but enough is enough how many pumpkin flavored products one person consume? So what's you take on the subject? Are you excited by all the pumpkin flavored choices or is it way too much?

Reaction score
I love pumpkin. I like to get ideas on what crazy concoction I can come up with. I do agree that some places go overboard, but all in all for me, I can hang with it.

Reaction score
I really don't get tired of all the pumpkin flavored goodies, and sometimes wish that they would be available all year! But then I guess this time of year wouldn't feel so special. I have grown especially fond of the pumpkin pie flavored yogurt. I missed it last year when the holiday season was over. And then there's all the seasonal coffee creamers...;)

Reaction score
With canned pumpkin, at least, you could stock up and add pumpkin to your baked goods occasionally throughout the year. It's great for adding moisture and is pretty nutritious too!

Reaction score
With canned pumpkin, at least, you could stock up and add pumpkin to your baked goods occasionally throughout the year. It's great for adding moisture and is pretty nutritious too!
Well it is not the actual fresh pumpkin or canned pumpkin I am taking about. I am referring to all those pumpkin flavored items that may of may not truly taste like pumpkin. I love being able to fresh pumpkin bread and pumpkin muffins with the seed sprinkled on top. But come on we really need punk ice cream?

Reaction score
I just avoid all the pumpkin flavoured products around this time, if I wanted pumpkin products I would buy them during the year not just halloween:)

Reaction score
Wait til right after Halloween and then again at Thanksgiving and stock up on canned pumpkin for the rest of the year!

Reaction score
I don't really care for pumpkin that much, but they do tend to go overboard with pumpkin products here. I may not eat it, but I do see it everywhere.

Reaction score
I'm not as annoyed by the actual pumpkin products as I am by all the TV ads and signage for pumpkin products. It's a little annoying to be channel surfing and see ads shouting that a fast food place has a pumpkin spice latte, or the coffee creamer ads.
The weekly ad from my local Walmart has several pages of pumpkin everything.

Reaction score
Yeah they tend to go a little overboard with the pumpkin ads. I think that they should tone it down a little, but they have to try to make a profit.

Reaction score
The worst part of all these pumpkin flavored items, is that some of them don't even taste likes pumpkin , pumice spice. When you read the ingredients there is no real pumpkin to be found anywhere listed in the ingredients. So I guess it is not the real pumpkin that I am taking about, it's the artificial pumpkin flavoring that is over done.

Reaction score
The worst part of all these pumpkin flavored items, is that some of them don't even taste likes pumpkin , pumice spice. When you read the ingredients there is no real pumpkin to be found anywhere listed in the ingredients. So I guess it is not the real pumpkin that I am taking about, it's the artificial pumpkin flavoring that is over done.

I am slowly realizing at the grocery store, that once you read the label, and see all the chemicals and ingredients that are not real or shouldn't be there, the less inclined I am to buy it now. It is amazing and eye opening. Not just with pumpkin but anything nowadays.....

Reaction score
Yeah they hardly put natural flavors on food nowadays. I liked it better when they didn't have all these artificial ingredients to put into food. I like to try to get the foods with the as many natural ingredients as I can get.

Reaction score
Yeah they hardly put natural flavors on food nowadays. I liked it better when they didn't have all these artificial ingredients to put into food. I like to try to get the foods with the as many natural ingredients as I can get.

So true..... I tried to bake my own pumpkin one time, but it was so time consuming and opening a can was just too easy... LOL and it is solid pumpkin, supposedly nothing else....

Reaction score
I actually had a friend bring over a sweet potato pie today. I was thrilled and it is just a slight change this time of year, but very welcome!

Reaction score
I actually had a friend bring over a sweet potato pie today. I was thrilled and it is just a slight change this time of year, but very welcome!
I love sweet potato pie. We have it here every holiday. I admit it can get old when you have it too much, but I make a pecan pie sometimes to add a little variety. I am hoping I can talk my sister into letting me make a cake this year.

Reaction score
Sweet potato pie is one of my favorites also . I prefer that over pumpkin any day. Do you watch The Chew , on yesterdays show they made sweet potato pie with bourbon and egg nog. It looked delicious.

Reaction score
I saw that with my mom and it did look delicious. I didn't know you could make a sweet potato pie with eggnog. I will have to see about making a sweet potato pie with eggnog and see how I like it.

Reaction score
I absolutely love pumpkin everything! I recently made this pumpkin smoothie recipe with vanilla almond milk and it was a big hit in my family. Pumpkin ice cream with chunks of molasses cookies in it are also a favorite. Pumpkin bread with swirls of cheesecake running through it make a great hostess gift for holiday parties.

Reaction score
I see lots of pumkin spices in the stores, but I don't like pumpkin. I have never had anything with pumpkin in it, but I have never wanted to try it out either. I know I can't realky say I don't lije something I have never tried, but I still don't want to try pumpkin. I don't know why, but I don't think I would like it if I did.

Ask a Question