Pumpkin pie bars with gingerbread crust

Reaction score
Found this quick little recipe to share with you all..I might swap out some of the ingredients but I like the concept and the idea of the flavours together :).

Ingredients:
For the crust:
1- 14 oz package gingerbread cake mix (such as Betty Crockers gingerbread cookie and cake mix)
1/2 cup gingersnaps

For the pumpkin bars:
1 can (15 oz) LIBBY'S 100% pure pumpkin
1 can (12 oz) nestle carnation evaporated milk
2 eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt

Instructions:
For the crust:
Prepare and bake gingerbread mix as directed.

crumble gingersnaps. crumble 1 1/2 c. gingerbread and add gingersnaps, add 4 tbsp butter and mix until crumbly.

Press into baking dish, use the bottom of a glass to press into the dish. Bake for 5 minutes to set crust.

For the bars:
(using a large square pan so the bars are not quite as thick as a pie if you were to use a pie pan)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Beat pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in a large mixing bowl until smooth.

Spread the batter on top of gingerbread crust.

Bake for 30 minutes.

Serve warm topped with whipped cream or ice cream.

Reaction score
Awesome recipe, I love pumpkin pie. I use a different recipe tho, but I will surely give this one a try! It sounds delicious!

Reaction score
Found this quick little recipe to share with you all..I might swap out some of the ingredients but I like the concept and the idea of the flavours together :).

Ingredients:
For the crust:
1- 14 oz package gingerbread cake mix (such as Betty Crockers gingerbread cookie and cake mix)
1/2 cup gingersnaps

For the pumpkin bars:
1 can (15 oz) LIBBY'S 100% pure pumpkin
1 can (12 oz) nestle carnation evaporated milk
2 eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt

Instructions:
For the crust:
Prepare and bake gingerbread mix as directed.

crumble gingersnaps. crumble 1 1/2 c. gingerbread and add gingersnaps, add 4 tbsp butter and mix until crumbly.

Press into baking dish, use the bottom of a glass to press into the dish. Bake for 5 minutes to set crust.

For the bars:
(using a large square pan so the bars are not quite as thick as a pie if you were to use a pie pan)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Beat pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in a large mixing bowl until smooth.

Spread the batter on top of gingerbread crust.

Bake for 30 minutes.

Serve warm topped with whipped cream or ice cream.
This sounds so yummy !! Thanks for posting this today. I'm on my way out to do some grocery shopping and I just added some of these ingredients to my list. I love this time of the year for everything pumpkin!! This sounds easy to make too and a recipe I haven't seen before. :)

Thank you again for sharing!!

Danyel :)

Reaction score
Krusteaz actually has a boxed mix for pumpkin pie bars with a gingerbread crust, but they only sell them in the fall. So thanks for sharing this recipe, because now we can have them year round.

Reaction score
Glad you guys like this one- I'm a huge fan of fall flavors, pumpkin especially, and I'm loving having the chance to look into and try new recipes this year that fit the season :). I didn't realize there was a specific box mix for it, ACSAPA, but how cool that I stumbled across a recipe that will keep the pumpkin magic year round ;).

Ask a Question