Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin desserts but every once in a while I'll find one I like. So when I was looking for pumpkin pie spice in the grocery store, I was nearly knocked over by the big price of the small bottle. Because I do a lot of baking, all of the ingredients were already in my pantry and therefore made it myself.

Reaction score
All stuff I have on hand, too!

I like being able to use up what I have, rather than having to get a new bottle of something - so I appreciate the recipe!

Reaction score
Dang it, the only one of those that I don't have is the allspice. I definitely need to pick up some of that, as well as some mace, and then I think I'll use this recipe and make my own pumpkin pie spice. Because I love those spices, I tend to use them year round, not just in the Fall and at the holidays, so it'll definitely be worth it for me.

Reaction score
This reminds me that there will be a sale of pumpkin pie in the "imported supermarket" a week before Halloween. The poster said it is the original American pumpkin pie so maybe I would have the chance to have a taste of that highly touted pumpkin pie. And in that case, my plan to bake real pumpkin pie for Halloween will not proceed anymore in lieu of that American pumpkin pie. But I'm having second thoughts now because of this thread which gives me an impression of spices in pumpkin pie. We are not much for spicy food.

Ask a Question