Pumpkin pie thought...

Reaction score
I wanted to do something a little unusual for the holidays this year and I was thinking of making mini pumpkin pie slices on a stick. It is the same idea of the key lime pies that you can buy frozen on a stick, but with pumpkin pie instead. My thought is to make mini pumpkin pies, cut them each into 4s and then put a stick through them and dip them in chocolate and freeze them. I don't know if it will work, but I am going to give it a try.

Reaction score
That's interesting. I always think I want to try something different for the holidays too. My ideas don't tend to work out all that well though. I'd definitely give it a trial run in advance, so you can perfect it before you have to serve it to the whole family.

I don't think I've ever had pumpkin and chocolate together, but I know that a lot of people like it. Being a chocolate lover, this might just make me start liking pumpkin pie. :)

:p So, I probably shouldn't try this at home.

Reaction score
If you give it a try please let us know how it went. This sounds like a really amazing treat, and I am sure my nieces would love it. I really don't see how it could go wrong :) Sometimes you just have to experiment a bit in order to really know though ;)

Reaction score
I got the idea from some chocolate covered key lime pie slices I saw a couple of years ago and thought that the same idea would work for pumpkin pie slices. The only thing I could see going wrong is the crust breaking when I try to insert the sticks. I am even going to draw on them with piping icing. I will take pictures and post them when I make these treats.

Reaction score
Uhm, that is true! But you can just be extra careful :) Something can still happen, but the odds will be on your favor. Do you blind bake your pie crusts before adding the filling?

Reaction score
I take my Pumpkin Pie any way I can get it!!!!!

cat.jpg

Ask a Question